1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2003 Durango Heat Vent

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 03:51 PM
difrey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Durango Heat Vent

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>My 2003 Durango has not air or heat at the floor vent. Any ideas or similar problems? Only have 5,000 miles on it and would really like to have toasty toes!</FONT></P>

Old 12-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Copenhaver

I'm having the same problem with my 2001 Durango. It's been into the dealer for repairs 5 times for the same problem. They keep replacing the AC/Heater Control Head and the Door Actuator (?). In fact, they just replaced both yesterday and it still doesn't work right. I have no air flow at all through the defroster, very little air flow to the floor but great air flow through the dash vents. They don't know what else to replace. I would really like any additional info anyone has on this problem too.</P>

</P>

Old 12-29-2003, 11:31 AM
difrey

I had my 2003 at the dealer Friday and they reset the default code in the heat/ac control unit. The floor vents then worked. BUT, they arenow only working 50%, and the other 50% comes out at the dash...so, we are going to put it in for a new control head unit.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Copenhaver

Let me know if it works after they replace the control head. </P>

Old 12-30-2003, 12:22 PM
difrey

Will do. Probably won't get it in there until the middle part of January; headed to Florida for acouple weeks.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:40 PM
fredoh

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I have the same problem with my 2001 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1lace>Durango</st1lace></st1:State>. No heat from the floor and little from the defroster. They replaced the control head, the door assembly and recalibrated the whole thing last week. They said I’ll have plenty of heat now. They must have been thinking of someone else’s car. After having it at the dealer for 2 days the problem still exists. I had a 2000 <st1:State><st1lace>Durango</st1lace></st1:State> with this problem and they fixed it in one day, so I know the problem can be fixed. I just hope I have the patience to deal with this. I have another appointment this week.</FONT></P>

Old 01-20-2004, 01:22 PM
difrey

My problem is that the 99% of the air comes out at the defroster no matter where the control is set. Have had the "computer" reset twice and each time after turning the car off and back on, back to no floor heat and all defrost. Will be putting it in for a new control unit and hopefully that will take care of the problem. Does anyone know of any recalls on this? It seems like an awful lot of folks are having the same problem.

Old 01-20-2004, 02:06 PM
fredoh

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I took the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1lace>Durango</st1lace></st1:State> back for service today. They said Dodge told them the control head must be bad again. It was just replaced last week. It didn’t work when I left the dealer last time. I guess the parts only last from the time the guy puts it in until I pick up the car. The new (new) control head will be installed tomorrow. <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Now the light that shines down on the console below the controls flickers on and off while I drive. It takes my mind off of my cold feet. </SPAN>Maybe I should move down south where I won’t need floor heat.</FONT></P>

Old 01-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Copenhaver

LOL! That's so true. If I lived somewhere warm I wouldn't care that the defroster wasn't clearing the ice off my windshield. When it's warm, it's ok for the air conditioning to come out of the dash.</P>

I called the dealer yesterday. I have to schedule another full day with them. They are going to hook it up to the computer and see what codes pop up. I guess there is a service (not sure if it's Dodge only) called STAR. Once they get the Durango hooked up to the computer and it starts showing codes then they will call the STAR Network (? I'm not sure of the real name) and have them troubleshoot what's going on. They are hoping that they will be able to figure out what's going on.</P>

I'm not aware of any recalls. But I may go take a look tonight while I'm online. If I find anything I'll let you know.</P>

Old 01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
parcom

I have follishly volunteered to work on a co-workers 1987 Durango, This thing won't heat up, blows like mad, but won't heat up. based on this tread I'm starting to feel stuck with the notion that I may have to replace the control head...not a fun job. Any one have any other ideas other than (Thermostat, temp control cable etc0&gt;

Quick Reply: 2003 Durango Heat Vent