1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

'95 Intrepid stuttering

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 04:54 PM
amantalv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Intrepid stuttering

Hey all,

My girlfriend's '95 Intrepid has developed a stutter when she's on the gas. This happens 99% of the time when the car is cold. When she's been driving for more than 10 minutes or so, the problem goes away. Coincidentally, the check engine light has been coming on intermittently the time that this stuttering has been going on. I had changed the air and fuel filter when I did the routine maintenance on this car a couple of months ago.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Aris

Old 11-06-2004, 02:30 PM
amantalv
Default RE: '95 Intrepid stuttering

OK..had time to look at this more this morning and it is flashing a code 21 thru the MIL. Thing is..according to the documents I had printed out, code 21 could be any of the O2 sensors. I know they should all probably be replaced but we're looking at this car to last short term for us...

Old 11-22-2004, 04:18 PM
95treptx
Default RE: '95 Intrepid stuttering

I had the same problem with my 1995 dodge intrepid es, When the car gave me code for bad o2 sensors that was only part of the problem, after i had replaced the o2 sensor that was malfunctioning, the map sensor was the one that was actually acting up. But it turns out in the end that it was just a bad wire, be sure to check the wires for the map sensor, make sure their not burned. If you are considering not fixing the problem, its not an expensive problem, each sensor is about 10 bucks and take 5 minutes to install. I installed my MAP sensor in the parking lot of a grocery store, it took 2 minutes and it was a 5 dollar part.

Chris

Quick Reply: '95 Intrepid stuttering