97 Intrepid Help Required

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
rich5405
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Intrepid Help Required

GREETINGS. LET THE FORCES BE WITH YOU.

My Ride is a 1997 3.5L Intrepid.

For the last couple weeks my car may/may not start; using battery cable jump (in park), or by switching the gears from park to drive, or from park to neutral, etc.

Now I'm getting only clicks and the engine will not turn over. I replaced the fuel pump sometime last year; I can hear the fuel pump when I turned the key.

Battery was left overnight to re-charged.

Ran the ignition key test and got the following codes: 12 and 55, (I had loosen the terminals earlier as I was removing the battery to get it tested). The service shop found no problem with it. Battery Terminals are clean and tightly secure. Dashboard and interior lights are bright and does not dim when switching the ignition on.

Later today I planned on checking both ends of the battery (+/-) terms wires to make sure the connections are secure. Will check the engine ground wire also.

Could this be a possible starter problem, neutral control switch issue or something else? Where would I locate the neutral switch/relay?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by clicks, do you mean relay clicks, or the starter just clicks constantly when turning over?

Quick Reply: 97 Intrepid Help Required