1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Intrepid won't run. Possible electrical problem or pcm?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
22dodge
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyG
I have a 1996 Dodge INtrepid 3.5l and the spark plugs are not sparking, The check engine light came on a couple days before and the egr code was the problem. I have been told that has nothing to do with why the car wont start. It acts like it wants to turn over, but when we took the spark plugs out and put them to a ground they didnt spark. Any ideas..This car is all I have in college and could realkly use some help. Thanks!

that's a tough one as it could be over a dozen 'possible' things.

egr code has nothing to do with no start. that code usually only shows up after 3-5 mile of highway driving.

You're no start could be as simple as a bad crank sensor, broken wire, bad cam sensor, blown fuse, and so on.... or more difficult like a broken flex plate.

It sucks to have a dead car and no money. Especially when you can't accurately diagnose it without expensive equipment or throwing parts at it which also get's expensive and frustrating.

Some simple things: are you getting fuel pressure? are all other electricals working fine (all idiot lights on dash). have you done a key cycle to see if you have codes?

Quick Reply: Intrepid won't run. Possible electrical problem or pcm?