1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1996 Intrepid Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Dianne Bartlett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1996 Intrepid Code

my 96 Intrepid is throwing code P1768 I cant find a list anywhere that says what that is for this car. can anyone help me figure out what the code means?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
22dodge
Banned

golly, I typed that code in on a google search and found 100's of definitition for it.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Dianne Bartlett

yepp I did too but none for the 1996 Chrysler Intrepid. the code comes up for several makes and models of cars I dont know which code discription to go with.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
22dodge
Banned

chrylser intrepid is the same as dodge intrepid which is the same as chrysler concorde, eagle vision, chrysler LHS/new yorker. and when I did the search, if found 100's of posts for a 1996 LH car for this code including the exact description and even how to fix it.

So I guess I'll have to do all the work for you. I has to do with trans relay. could be completely meaningless. due to a temp hickup. erase code and see if it returns.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Dianne Bartlett

Originally Posted by 22dodge
chrylser intrepid is the same as dodge intrepid which is the same as chrysler concorde, eagle vision, chrysler LHS/new yorker. and when I did the search, if found 100's of posts for a 1996 LH car for this code including the exact description and even how to fix it.

So I guess I'll have to do all the work for you. I has to do with trans relay. could be completely meaningless. due to a temp hickup. erase code and see if it returns.
I assure you I was not asking you to do all the work. If you could please tell me what you are typing in to achieve the results of your search I will be happy to do the search myself.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
22dodge
Banned

I did. but I'll hold your hand again. it is TCM relay output always off. if you have no transmission problems ignore this code. just clear codes and go. if you're having transmission problems, I'll get ALL the relevant information posted so maybe you can diagnose the problem

Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Dianne Bartlett

yes the tranny wont go out of 1st gear.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 AM
22dodge
Banned

your problem isn't that it's in 1st gear, its in 2nd. the directions for service has to do with the transmission relay. have you changed relays or verified that the relay is working?

going back to your orignial question. I told you what that code means. Trans relay always off.

My question is, why didn't you start off the whole thing by saying your transmission won't shift AND you have code P1768

Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Dianne Bartlett
Talking

My Question to you is this I saw in your profile that your a Mopar Instructor. Are you as belittling to your students as you are to those simply asking a question. Thing is there wouldnt be a need to read the Code (?Duh) if the car was running right, the code told you that something was wrong with the tranny (doh) So why be such an A--. If you dont want to answer peoples questions about their cars then dont its simple as that. But try being a bit nicer from now own.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:55 AM
22dodge
Banned

Originally Posted by Dianne Bartlett
My Question to you is this I saw in your profile that your a Mopar Instructor. Are you as belittling to your students as you are to those simply asking a question. Thing is there wouldnt be a need to read the Code (?Duh) if the car was running right, the code told you that something was wrong with the tranny (doh) So why be such an A--. If you dont want to answer peoples questions about their cars then dont its simple as that. But try being a bit nicer from now own.

yep, name calling will get you somewhere.

see if I just GAVE you the answers all you learned is that if you have a hissy fit someone else will solve all your problems. if you learn how to be self reliant, you can figure out how to solver your problems

You asked a question and I pointed you in the direction. you have a cow because I didn't GIVE you the answers and am requiring you to think for yourself.

too many people just want the answer and don't want to know how to get the answer other than demanding someone does all the work for them

Quick Reply: 1996 Intrepid Code