1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Intrepid 1996 3.5L Great Site,and good reading tech's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:38 AM
rvnvet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intrepid 1996 3.5L Great Site,and good reading tech's

I started reading,then with a wrench and a few tips from several messages I sat off to find out why I had a crank but no start. After checking fuses and circuits each time I tried to start. I shot some propane down the throat and got a hint that it fired but did not run. So in went a fuel pump,this gave me 22 lbs pressure from the nothing I had,next reading the filter was the next place to go. Replaced and fuel pressure was 44 lbs. tried start,still crank but no start. Still believing I was better than the car problem I kept reading here. Still would try to run and settled many arguments of wires,fuses,automatic shut down relay,fuel pump relay,and many timing issues. Had fuel pressure,timing,compression. This took me awhile more of reading and thinking then I started on to replacing cam and crank sensors but the why was more important because I did not know they not only controlled timing they controlled the timing of the spurt of gas needed to each cylinder on time. Well now that I know one more thing about cars I thank you all because if someone else did not ask the question you techs would never have answered where I read to find this problem. I thank you and I see many do not come back to say what the problem was and that would really be a plus. Some do not explain (like me) everything they do so you techs have a clearer thought of what the problem might be. RVNVET

Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Idahoman65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny as I go thru these questions. I haven't found any techs or answers at all some of these are a year or more old.

Quick Reply: Intrepid 1996 3.5L Great Site,and good reading tech's