1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

FUSE BOX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FUSE BOX

Hmm Well I Taped Up All My Wires And I Dont Have A Keyless Entry And From The Back of The Fuse Box The #2 has 2 Pink Wires Not Completly Pink Just That Color Mayve Red With Pink Stripe Or Something Idk I just know it is not black and yellow but i saw that wire while rewiring the cd player

Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
neisg1
Veteran

Yes the wire at fuse #2 isPink with a red stripeand runs to the light switch it leaves the light switch as a black wire with a yellow stripe to the park lights and radio

Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok but if i have everything hooked up good then what is going wrong [>:]
it just annoys me that i can keep my cluster lights on and i can figure it out
and know i cant even drive it cuz i knocked a whole in the oil pan and have no money... lol

Old 04-21-2007, 03:05 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

so should i follow the black wire and see if its grounding any were or should i follow the Pink And red Or All i did this before with nothing found i even started the car turned on the dash lights and moved all the wires around and it didnt short out but then im like sweet i fixed it then ill be driving and it randemly shorts out i drove my car back from Kalispel (a close town to me about 100 miles) without it shorting out once then the next day i get in my car and turn on the lights and it blows the fuse im really at a loss becuz i reallly dont know
and when i get money i have to buy a new oil pan and then i want to buy the VSS so i can finally have a speedo so i cant take it to anyone to get it fixed ill go talk to my mexican ricer friend he has a 93 honda civic i have no problems with ricers it just pisses me off that there so light and dont ahve many HP but still smoke the **** out of other cars ive never raced him but probally will this summer hes got a few bolt ons and astage 3 clutch and flywheel i dobelieve and everything for his ricer isso F-ing cheepand he is going for Carbon Fiber interior and for exterior to lighten up his car.

for my oil pan if it just a crack can i seal it with like JB Weld Or should I Just Get A New Oil Pan???? i now it would be more reliable to get a new oil pan but what if sealing it with jb Works then i just saved myslef like 70 bucks??
agree? Disagree? let me know.
its not a hole its just a break no hole just cracks

Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM
neisg1
Veteran

Intermittent problems are always hard to find. It could be Pink/red wire, the Black/yellow or possible even the light switch there is even a remote possibility that it’s the Tan wire that runs from the light switch back to fuse #12. The Pink/red and the Tan wire only run from the fuse block to the light switch but I’m not sure how hard they are to get at to check. The Black/yellow runs to all 4 corners of the car for park and tail lights. I would check the wiring harness at the front and rear light sockets first to see if there is any damaged insulation. You’ll just have to keep looking until you find it.

As far as the oil pan, I would recommend replacing it. If you decide to try to fix it use a solvent to clean off the oil residue or the repair won’t stick and use an epoxy putty that is oil/gas resistant.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:06 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

Holy Crap Today I went to Find The Sorce of the short well i removed the headlight switch to look at the wires and they were all fried with no insulation on them so i cut those out and replace the fried spots it wasTime Consumingand hard to work in the small space i had to work in because i couldnt the dash off to get to the wires
but atleast i fixed that

Now For Anyone That Nows Anything About Sysetems (amps)

Ok after i got all the wire hooked back up i turned the Cd Player on and had a Heart beat like sound coming out of my subs and one was pushing the other anyone know what this problem is i replaced the ground with stiil no luck let me know

Old 04-22-2007, 05:52 AM
neisg1
Veteran

Glad you found the short, now you know where that smoke came from when you had the 30 amp fuse in. Did you reset your engine codes to see if the stay off?
As far as your Amp, I can't help much other than to double check all the connections and grounds.

Quick Reply: FUSE BOX