1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

neon issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Brandon_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neon issues

I finally got my neon.I like it alot aside from the few problems it has.I went to get it inspected and they said the left tie rod was out which I can have fixed for free.The few other problems are that it is a very bumpy ride,the person I bought it from said the left strut was gone and the other one is on its way.And the only other issue is when I shift it seems real bucky,like when I had my cavalier It was stiff to shift but it didnt buck when I did.Im just wondering if me bucking in the neon has anthing to do with the struts and tie rides?It shifts so much smother than the cavalier but is buckey when realesing the clutch.Anyone have any input?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: neon issues

could possibly need new motor mounts

Old 04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Brandon_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that hard to do?Would that cause the bucking?

Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your motor mounts are bad then the engine will kinda flop around a bit....try driving down the road at a constant 40mph in 4th gear....dont shift or anything, just hit the gas quickly and let off....if you can feel the motor kinda slam around, then you need new mounts....probally your front and passenger side ones.

if you dont mind a shaky feeling when ideling you could always get some solid prothane inserts...i think they run about $45.00 for the whole set

Quick Reply: neon issues