1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Need help pritty bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
sharkey69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help pritty bad

hello i am new to the site not sure what ya need from me so i will try to explain as much as i can i have a 96 dodge neon and i was trying to fix the horn and when i checked all the fuses they where all good so i thought to my self maybe it was a bad horn to check it i peeled the wire coating back and ran a wire to the battery and horn soon as i hooked up the wire the windshild whippers turned on hmmm??? so i unhooked it and sayed F it , and started my car and now whipers will not turn off when the car is started and the headlights are on when caris runingand when i actualy turn head lights on when car runing the car dieds out and the fule pump relay disengauges.... i am thinking when i ran the wire maybe the pewer back feeded though the car and fryed somthing but what ??? friend sayed maybe the alternater somthing with a power controll thing might be back feeding or somthing ?? any input would be awsome need to get back to work ....

Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help pritty bad

You probably shorted something out. Recheck your wires, fuses and relays.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM
neisg1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help pritty bad

Where and what color was the wire you connected to the battery and did you connect it to + or - of the battery?

Quick Reply: Need help pritty bad