1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Filter pump, injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filter pump, injectors?

Well Finnally tina showed her teeth. I have some sort of fuel problem. I was running her today and after she got good and warm she started to miss. Anyone have any other ideas if its not the fuel pump/filter, or injectors? Any other ideas would help.

The reason i think fuel is because my other car, it did that when it got warm. When it coooled down it worked. But i changed the pump and she was good.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Filter pump, injectors?

How much gas in the tank when this happens? Could be the pump overheating and shutting down.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:55 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Im not too sure what it is yet, But its about half a tank, so its covered with gas. Secondly i started her up today to go to work and got a few hundred feet before she started chuggin, So Im hoping "clogged" filter. Or even spark plugs!! Because when i stomp it, She kicks in and goes.

I got back into my other car (my green machine) and he didnt let me forget why he is still number 1 =D (ran like a champ on crack!)

Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain

I checked the PSI at the fuel rail, and it was right at 50 and didnt move much either way from it. Could the cam sensor cause the missfire? Im gettin a new one, because my old one has oil allllllllover it and the surrounding area so im guessing its cracked somewhere. That and spark plugs? Hopefully its something simple.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
das2123
Legend

Any updates?

Old 05-16-2007, 07:30 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Well i havent recived my cam sensor yet, But i did change out he spark plugs......... WOW spark plug tube gaskets dont seem to be working. I put the socket down the tube. And when i pulled it out, a little over an inch up the socket was covered in oil THICK. So when i pulled the plug all that went down the hole =D All 4 had oil in the tube, But 4th was the best and only had a little bit in there. I checked compression while i was there. And she had 150psi in 1and 3,130psi in 2 and 4. After i started it upSMOKE!!!! alllover for about 5 minutes. I took her out for a while, She felt strong, but not strong enough to hold up to my driving standards. But on my last leg to work She started missing bad.

Im NOWthinking it has something to do with spark because The fuel has a different type of miss. It seemed to run strong on the cylenders that were sparking. If it was a fuel miss then it wouldnt be very strong in ANY cylender.

After work I start her up fine, Change cds do a few things before i head out. She starts to sound like she has a monster cam. not kinda like... EXACTLY like =) So i get on the road and bearly go anywhere. Everything kicks back in when i stomp it. So ill check out the spark plug tubes again and see if they are full and fouling out the plugs.

Any other ideas are welcome!

Old 05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
QuiK615
Veteran

Habitat is that a lip kit? where did you get it?

Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: QuiK615

Habitat is that a lip kit? where did you get it?
https://dodgeforum.com/m_789767/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Filter pump, injectors?