Holy Neon

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Holy Neon

ORIGINAL: racerx55

neons are all a heap of **** and are good for nothing but destroying on a race track
and boxer's neon is a really gay rice rocket.
We know...the Talon is better

Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
estneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah people have to know body kits don't make you a ricer i don't judge on looks i judge on performace%/looks% think about it if you have a$100 intake and $4000[&:]in a crapy body your a ricer you forget what ricer means it means peoplewho think that their car is fast because it has awing and bumpers and might look fast but can't prove it and we should not blame boxer because of the last owner and you know i'll have a body kit too and fenders you just have to have the speed to back it up

Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
QuattroTT

I dont know what to make of this. Neon crowd. I come to this board for tech adviced. And I see people asking what n/a means. And arguing about wether 1st gen neons are worth moding. Whats the deal with you all? Anyother tech board I go to could tell me torque specs for the Piston rods. Good example. Went to clubag.com The told/show me pics of Timing belt marks. Even my own audi board has the Hays books posted. Ill say hay whats the torque spec for a KKK Ko4 turbo manafold. They say 95fpt. I asked in another post about the timing issue I have with a noen im working on. Response check the fuel. DUHH! really? Already did....
Kinda funny how every form board I go to has detailed tech advice. Sept Neon.. When I see a neon I think. Family car. Mexican. Or high school kid ricer boy... Kinda fits the bill when I read what you guys post...

Old 06-05-2007, 11:20 PM
das2123
Legend

^^^Then stick to the other boards.

Maybe in your other post, you should have posted what you already tried. If you want torque specs, I can give you those any day of the week. But when you ask, "why won't my friends car start?", it's kinda hard to answer over the net.

You also asked for common problems. Fuel that has sat is a car for a period of time is a common problem.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

it is a famly car,mexicans love them,people do rice them[:'(],but the point is we love them.if you love the other board then stay there.i know i speak for most neon peoplewhen i say just use the search button you might find your answer and their are some people who don't know what n/a means

Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: racerx55

neons are all a heap of **** and are good for nothing but destroying on a race track
and boxer's neon is a really gay rice rocket.
We know...the Talon is better
the talon is FASTER,....but better? hell no, most unreliable heap of oil leaking, drivetrain breaking, clutch slipping, stalling, belt flingingpile of **** ive ever owned (note its for sale fairly cheap)
but its fun to drive.
i'd drive a neon across the country and not think twice, im afraid to drive my talon 3 milesto work for fear of not making it there.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: QuattroTT

I dont know what to make of this. Neon crowd. I come to this board for tech adviced. And I see people asking what n/a means. And arguing about wether 1st gen neons are worth moding. Whats the deal with you all? Anyother tech board I go to could tell me torque specs for the Piston rods. Good example. Went to clubag.com The told/show me pics of Timing belt marks. Even my own audi board has the Hays books posted. Ill say hay whats the torque spec for a KKK Ko4 turbo manafold. They say 95fpt. I asked in another post about the timing issue I have with a noen im working on. Response check the fuel. DUHH! really? Already did....
Kinda funny how every form board I go to has detailed tech advice. Sept Neon.. When I see a neon I think. Family car. Mexican. Or high school kid ricer boy... Kinda fits the bill when I read what you guys post...
if you dont like this forum then there is a simple solution.....leave....thats it
we are all in a small family here that can speak freely to the rest.....usually there arent too many problems here between members that have been around a while...it seems to always be new members that have a problem.
there are other neon forus out there and they are so much nicer then any of us are.....check them out
if you have a question then try to narrow it down....vague questions get vague answers.....
das is the torque answer guy, but i didnt see a torque question
if people cant take sarcasm or jokes, then they need to just keep their hands off the keyboard

Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion

also this board is for the newbs (cause we've all been the new person not knowing what things mean) and for the enthusiast.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:43 AM
marsh712
Professional

ORIGINAL: QuattroTT

I asked in another post about the timing issue I have with a noen im working on. Response check the fuel. DUHH! really? Already did....
Kinda funny how every form board I go to has detailed tech advice. Sept Neon.
First of all this is a neon forum, not 'noen.'

Secondly, it's easier to eliminate the more common problems when troubleshooting. maybe you should ask detailed questions if you want 'detailed answers.'

Thirdly, i do wish to see this September Neon you speak of.

PEACE.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 AM
QuattroTT

Yea its funny. In my post I spicificly say. Its not fuel. I didnt mention that one of the first things I ran for was the can of liquid fire.(Starting fluid, for the nOObs). But I did say its not fuel. I Board hop because I work on manny cars. Oh an yea. I know what search is. 4 posts about no Start situations. This is the first board I have come into probs with. Believe me. I have at least 12 make boards bookmarked. Point being I asked a simple question WITH a detailed post. Ill post it again. Spark, fuel. no codes. Timing right? question is. Crank sensor or timing belt jumped a tooth? I asked if timing belt jump is common. And I got check the fuel. Reguardless if the gas had broke down, (Wich yes it is bad.) it would still fire. Just run like dog pile.
So can anyone answer the question I asked?

Quick Reply: Holy Neon