1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

A little help with the codes???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
swtrozez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help with the codes???

I just ran a diagnostic on my 99 dodge neon, SOHC, ATX....

I was wondering who would be able to tell me what this means; is it just a bad PCM???

12 - Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles
32 - EGR system failure
42 - Fuel pump relay control ckt, Auto shutdown relay control ckt, no ASD relay output voltage at PCM, Fuel level sending unit volts out of range, Fuel level unit No change over miles

The car runs ok for the most part, except with minor hesitation and rough idle from time to time at a stoplight or after the stoplight. It has some trouble starting but usually starts and doesnt stall. Ive only encountered one rough time where it starting acting funny on the highway. I got down at the nearest exit and restarted it. It seemed to help. After sittin at a friends house, it stopped and hasnt done it since.
Is it the EGR valve... or could it just be the PCM ... or both???

PS- Ive cleaned out the fuel injectors and have yet to give it a tune up. That will be done this weekend.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A little help with the codes???

The code 32 can cause bad gas milage (I currently have one right now) and you may need to replace the EGR valve and transducer. You can try pulling the EGR off and cleaning it, but it still may need to be replaced.

You should get the car scanned for the correct "P" code for the code 42. That will tell you exactly which one set off the code.

Quick Reply: A little help with the codes???