1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI

lol that was i was thinking the big engines have a deep *** roar and they just sound tough as f@@@

i saw a chevy s-10 yesterday well actually i heard it and then saw it but it was loud as hell i dont know what was under the hood though but it looked tough and had a blower on top i liked it

Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

back when i had a engine in the bonneville that 428hov8 was loud i don't think their going to miss that and i need to hear it as455ho.
Nothing against your engine butthose Pontiac 455's were commonly used as boat anchors. My brother used to race his friend who had a built up455 in a Pontiac Phoenixwith his 1969 Camero RS550hp 327 with camelback heads and a 4 speedwould totally eatthat car.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

im just a lowrider i could care about draging it's pointless to drag or raceyou just brake more parts in the long run plus if i wanted to two bigturbos could get it to 1800+ but i don't think that that would make a nice dd or a nice lowrider.i do like the noise you can get out of a huge v8 i would say i could eat your neon with the hemi but lbs would kick my A$$.i was going toget aone off of every body part in cfbut i just can't see spending that kind ofmoney[&:].im still stuck trying to decide should i do hydros or nothing to the bonneville it's low enough to just put wires onand be happy and i might just put asmall turbo on and make only 600-650hp or i might do a small twin turbo and make 800-850hp.blah blah blah..

Old 07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Slashwannabe

im just a lowrider i could care about draging it's pointless to drag or raceyou just brake more parts in the long run plus if i wanted to two bigturbos could get it to 1800+ but i don't think that that would make a nice dd or a nice lowrider.i do like the noise you can get out of a huge v8 i would say i could eat your neon with the hemi but lbs would kick my A$$.
You would say but you can't, its a hemi nothing more to say it will own you, especially in a Neon. Light weight plus 530ft lbs of normally aspirated torque and 420-440 hp on 7.5-1 and a 60s mopar 4 speed, 4 link susspention and Micky Thompson Drag Slicks.

Put it this way it will never happen, I have a 6-71 Blower sitting in the garage and its 2 hours away from going onthat Hemi, we're talking 900hp+ then. Even in its form now it has more than enough to make that 455 look like it never left the starting line. 455's were never really good motors the Chevy 427s and 454's had way better heads and better designed blocks.

If you must use a Gm product as a low Rider use a 1963,1964 and 1959Chevy Impala as a lowrider any of those years Rock for the lowriderlooks that way you will get either the awesome 348 or 409. I understand your using the car as a lowrider but why would youlet a ***** motor cramp the rest of the car's style?

If your concerned about the noise factor run any V-8 with open headers and a use a highlift/duration cam and you will have an awesome tone coming from your exhaust.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

i would get a impala but they have been done too many times.i don't care if you can take it i don't race my bonneville thats all cool you think you will have the fastest car everand all but its not a competition so quit acting like your so powerfull because you got a hemi in a neon witch....you don't have yetand it's not a ***** motor my next step is a efi kit...do you have that planed?it's not about noise it's about cruising and don't froget its not a 455 block its a 455 stocker kit in a 428ho block.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Slashwannabe

i would get a impala but they have been done too many times.i don't care if you can take it i don't race my bonneville thats all cool you think you will have the fastest car everand all but its not a competition so quit acting like your so powerfull because you got a hemi in a neon witch....you don't have yetand it's not a ***** motor my next step is a efi kit...do you have that planed?it's not about noise it's about cruising and don't froget its not a 455 block its a 455 stocker kit in a 428ho block.

I wont be the fastest because thats reserved for top fuel dragsters, but Hemi vs any Pontiac designever made is a no brainer lets not be ignorant Hemi hands down, Also the Hemi is the most powerfull piston engine design it holds all the records and its design is capable of 10,000+ Horsepower, the only thing close is 4 valve per cylinder designsand if thosedesigns were better you'd see those doing 4 seconds 1/4 miles instead of the hemi. I'm sure you allready knew that though : ) Also EFI is over rated.

I only mentioned the Hemi smoking your 455 because you said something about putting a turbo on and you brought it up first about attempting to smoke my hemi. If you don't intend to race do not talk to me about smoking my Hemi with a cheese ball Pontiac engine. At least threaten me with a blown chevy 427.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

any way to make a Neon sound tough???

Old 07-01-2007, 11:14 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

copaired to a civic they are tough you have all the stuff to make it sound a little meaner

Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

someday ill cut of my rice can and just get a tip but if i dont have a welder around i wont do it just in case its to loud

i might go with a glass pack

one of my friends has a neon and he put a glass pack on it and it sound ausome so ill probably do that

Old 07-01-2007, 11:44 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah i have to start my bonnevilles exhaust soon.i was thinkingof going with stainless works glass pack but then it hit me when we move we are going to a place without the 'E-word'.no more having to spend money on cats and mufflers

Quick Reply: Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI