1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Halos Don't Work. What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:39 PM
tjoris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halos Don't Work. What Went Wrong?

I just installed a pair of halo projector lights in my 95 neon. The lights work fine, however the halos are functioning. I spliced into the side parking light, but got nothing. I spliced into the amber signal light, still nothing.

My lights have two wires (red & black). Red is + & Black is -, right? Okay, I splice the red into the parking wire. I have three: A middle brown one, a black w/yellow tracer, and a black. I was splicing into the black w/yellow tracer and grounding the black to the body of the car. Should I be splicing the black halo wire into the black parking wire?

Also, I've noticed other projector lights coming with an additional white wire for halo hook-up.

I screwed up somewhere. Can anyone help?

Old 07-01-2007, 05:48 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Default RE: Halos Don't Work. What Went Wrong?

im confused why are you using the parking and signal wires for headlights?

Old 07-01-2007, 06:04 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

your halos don't work because youbought integrahalo lights didn't you that was your first mistake

Old 07-01-2007, 06:04 PM
tjoris

The parking lights are supposed to be for the halo (angel eyes) the encircle the headlights. I read that I'd need to splice into the parking lights so that the LEDs (halo) will come on when I switch on the parking lights. I can't say for sure if I spliced into my turn signals. All I know is that I used a black wire with a yellow tracer that seems to connect to all of my parking lights. There are also two of these sames wires coming out of the headlight switch. I used this wire hoping it would power the LEDs.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

okay well. . . dont ground to the body and or turn signals unless you want them to blink with the turn siginals. and if your goint to use wires make sure you splice into the ones you need not the ones you think or look like they go there

Old 07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
tjoris

....and if your goint to use wires make sure you splice into the ones you need not the ones you think or look like they go there
Very good point. I'll give it a shot again, this time paying more attention to detail. Though the blinking halo idea seems kind of cool. Maybe I'll take that when I get the basics down. Thanks for your reply.

Estneon: I don't know if they're integra or not. It was on ebay and I bought them to add spice to my neon. My only disappointment in them is that they appear to be too small, leaving an unsettling gap between the hood and the light. I'm very concerned about moisture getting in there, so I'm hoping to close it with new seals. I've noticed Depo projector lights within you post. I'm also hearing a lot about them. I'm assuming these are the lights to get. But, please. Take it easy on me. This is my first car and first time modifying any vehicle. I don't know what's what or what to buy.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

i like the blinking halo idea.i was just saying the depos are plug in's and the halo lights need to be spliced and messed with for days they also don't project that much light.good luck with it.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
tjoris

When you say Depos, do you mean Integra?

Actually, I'm all for plug-n-play. I'll have to look more into that. And yeah, I've been messing round with my halos for days now. I hear an HID kit is needed to get really good lighting with projector lights. What are you thoughts on that?

Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

no depos are not the integra halos hid kits are a good investment if you get a good kit so don't buy off ebay i know with the black depo projectorsi got that their prettybright you don't need a hid kit for the depo's.i just guessing that you have the integra lights got pics?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
tjoris

I've yet to invest in a camera. I guess I could try and use my cell phone camera, but the pictures are so crappy! Note to self: New camera, new cell phone, new projector lights.

Quick Reply: Halos Don't Work. What Went Wrong?