1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Would PCM from DOHC Auto Help make more power in SOHC Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would PCM from DOHC Auto Help make more power in SOHC Auto?

I'm thinking about buying a DOHC PCMfrom an Automatic tranny application fromthis local junkyard and I'm wondering if the DOHCPCM from an automaticwill helpmy automaticSOHC make a bit more power?I've heard MTX ones will help and RT ones will but will the DOHC Automatic PCM give any gain in Torque or HP? the reason I ask is becausesome say the DOHC Automatic car is a slouch comapared to a SOHC Automatic...lol

Dunno any more I don't have a dyno or any time to test these theorys, anybody with real expirence I would love to hear from [8D]

Old 07-10-2007, 06:03 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker
Default RE: Would PCM from DOHC Auto Help make more power in SOHC Auto?

actually it'll make it run a littlerich and you might lose power in certain places.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

I'm thinking about buying a DOHC PCMfrom an Automatic tranny application fromthis local junkyard and I'm wondering if the DOHCPCM from an automaticwill helpmy automaticSOHC make a bit more power?I've heard MTX ones will help and RT ones will but will the DOHC Automatic PCM give any gain in Torque or HP? the reason I ask is becausesome say the DOHC Automatic car is a slouch comapared to a SOHC Automatic...lol
this sounds odd......i thought you went on about this for a while and how much it helps

Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

this sounds odd......i thought you went on about this for a while and how much it helps
Exactly what I thought when I saw he posted this , and, racer is pretty much right, It will make it run too rich and might lose power

Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Slashwannabe

Yeah yeah act like your being smart throwing that stuff in my face....lol Everybody knows the MTX and RTone gives power but the regular Automatic Version I am talking about specifically, I don't have any expirence with the PCM for the Automatic DOHC and lots of people complain that combo is slow.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Slashwannabe

I went and installed it to see for myself and so far even with the 87 gas it seems to have picked up some off the line power and its effect is less noticable through the rest of the power band. Doesnt appear to have lost anything just gained some low end which is weird,but it can turn the tires easier. I also notice at times it likes to idle around 1,000 Rpms when normally its around 800 with the stock SOHC PCM.

Quick Reply: Would PCM from DOHC Auto Help make more power in SOHC Auto?