1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

PCV Line.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCV Line.

does there have to be a special type of hose for the PCV? i searched autozone and they didn't seem to have any lines. they have the PCV but no lines. so could i just use a normal heater hose or something thats the same size? only reason why i ask is because the hose seems to be rock solid and as i was removing it off the valve cover part of it well crumbled. still enough to have it stay on (i think) but not enough for a clamp. as in 50% of it is on and the other 50% is just barely on.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCV Line.

i usually replace the pcv hose with oil line or fuel line......the pcv line is only that hard because of all the dried oil caked in it...

Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCV Line.

I had this problem when I was putting mine back together after the headgasket, I went to autozone to get some stuff and figured I would get the hose for it. I found some heater hose that fit, I couldnt find any fuel or oil line that fit it. The guy there told me that it wouldnt last very long since the oil will be hard on it, and the molded hose is a dealer only part. I just stuck with the heater hose, I can replace it ten times before im up to what the dealer hose cost

Quick Reply: PCV Line.