1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:26 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

how does the Dodge Avenger, Stealth, Intrepid, stratis stack up to the neon ??

Intrepid
Under the Hood
Three engines are available. A 200-horsepower, 2.7-liter V-6 goes into the SE sedan, while the upscale ES gets a 232-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. Topping the performance list is the ES with an SXT option, which comes with a high-output, 250-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 power plant. All models are equipped with a four-speed-automatic transmission.
(i wouldsay that would beat the neon)

Avenger
A four-cylinder engine formerly was standard in the base model but has been dropped. Both models now come with a 163-horsepower 2.5-liter V-6 and a four-speed automatic transmission.The Avenger coupe has style and more interior room that most two-door rivals, but the V-6 engine makes more noise than power.
(i wouldsay that would beat the neon)

Stealth
The ES model, which we drove, has a 24-valve engine producing 222 horsepower
... (i wouldsay that would beat the neon)

Stratis
The standard SXT engine is a 150-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder. A 200-hp, 2.7-liter V-6 is standard in the R/T sedan and optional in the SXT. Both engines team with a four-speed-automatic transmission. In the R/T, the transmission incorporates AutoStick, which permits manually selected gear changes.
(This One Also)

so why the neon if it doesnt stack up with the other dodge vehicles??
maybe the retail value of it ??
idk it just is weird how much money you put into a car that you could be putting into a faster car.. but all my money is going into my neon but thats cuz thats all i got but i hear about most people just dropping 6 grand into there neons thats crazy to me there a dodge stealth in my town that i think is going for 7 or 8 grand and it come with 222 hp (as stated in the carfindings above)as our neons come with 132 and 150

Old 08-05-2007, 02:47 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

didn't stealths have turbos too,v6's aren't performace engines they have more hp but there heavy so i could see a neon beating a stock one and if you want more hp get a good turbo setup 350-400 hp on a neon is no push over.....look up the weight of all those cars with v6's there heavy the strat is heavy too but i am working on thatmaby they could take a neon but i don't think they couldbut i know 2.4stratus's are fasterthan neons it's taken a long time too get my neon to just barly beat my stratus but my strat has one mod a intake and i have more on the way and i working on the cash for my rebuild and my turbo setup..... but i could see any of these beating a neonif theyhadweight loss mods[8D]

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: estneon

didn't stealths have turbos too,
Yes, the rt turbo

Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Was never to crazy about the stealth. I thought the 3000gt looked better even though they both was the same. But now I have always been a mopar man as long as I can remember

Old 08-07-2007, 04:42 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

there not the same i can't put my finger on it but the 3000gt has some thing about it that makes it looka little better...my faverite is the 3000gto[8D]looks a little differn't than both of them
mitsubishi and mopar are basicly together so i thinkthe sayingshould be mopar or no car...whell maby a mitsubishi(some cars)

Old 08-07-2007, 08:09 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 3000gt and stealth are the same, they only have cosmetic differences.....the GTO was the asian only version.....american version was the 3000gt...
the stealth and 3000gt all had N/A, single turbo, and twin turbo versions

Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 PM
mederer88

I have a story for everyone. I have a 1996 dodge neon it only has 56,000 miles. I got it about a year ago for my uncle. I had know idea what I am getting myself into. First my car wouldnt start. I replaced spark plugs, oxygen sensor, fuel filter, then the fuel pump and tank. That problem was over. Two months later my transmission went. Figured I might as well get the struts done. Now I am up to about 2,500 dollars into it. Now most recently the radiator started leaking another 50.00. Then two weeks later the head gasket went. I figured might as well do the timing belt and the water pump while he is in there. I paid about 500.00 in parts then 500.00 in labor. Now I dont understand why my neon is still over heating. I heard it might be the timing being advanced but the ***hole mechanic who fixed it wont fixed what ever he did wrong so i am out 500.00, b/c my car isnt fixed. I have also already had my circuit board resottered. So I have already spent more than the car is worth . If anyone can help me with the overheating. Please. P.S. the radiator, the fans, and the thermostat is all fine. I can use any help I can get.

[/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boxerjl2, keep in mind that HP does not win races.....torque does. You also have to account for the cars weight as well. I am not totally disagreeing with you, but you can't just look at HP.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

thats why even though some hondas have 170hp we can still beat their 130or less tq the strat had 170tq stock the neons not to far

Old 08-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Slashwannabe

Ok, So I'm minding my own business at night cruising 32mph in a 35mph zone and this Ricer Black Toyota fast back with a 5 speed gets on my a s s and revs it up! so then he gets sick of following me and he decides to hop his car next to me so I get a little bit po'ed and I geton it and he gets on it and I have a half car length lead so it gets pretty ugly then as we go back and fourth throughthe cityand I finally say fk this andlead him to the highway where Ithink I can get him, so up the on ramp it was side by side and I was thinking I wasabout to get wipedbecause it was neck and neck,then I thought I'll throw it into 2nd gear at 70mph, soI did that and finnalygrabbed the lead as we got onto the highwayand was making a good killing then .When I hit about 95mphI shifted from 2nd to Drivehe was about2 semi truck lengths away (including 53ft trailer ) and fading fast...lol Got my first Toyota Kill! The header and DOHC PCM have done wonders for my high end! That was the first time I wound that motor up to 6,000Rpm...lol, and it was good : )

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons