All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sup all been a while how is it going

Old 09-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Neon_Freak
Professional

Heres my story
well recently i got my neon back on the road again and the weeknd i get it out i did some raceing with it. a integra trys to race me and i wasnt n the mood to race him since he had his car lowered and exhaust and gauges n the car. so i just put off the line and get ready to shift in to second when he stomps into the gas so i do the same im at 4g and i pull ahead a bit and his vtec kicks n and he passes me a bit and i hit second and we r even and has i start pulln on him he gives up. i went to third anway and just let it slow down to 35. idk how many hondas i beat but im sure ill find one that has a motor swap in it a b beatn. anyway thats my story

Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
6sic6
Rookie

I havent street raced in quite some time. I would def own most fools around here tho in the "Eaton Coupe"

Old 09-26-2008, 07:59 AM
mmench
Captain

wow how the car arorat?

hmmm.. i have to many stories to even remember rite now but a recent one went like this

burn out -> stage car -> build boost -> launch -> boom -> axle drags ground and gets towed back to pit

Old 01-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Default sup

sup all

Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
shawn_selig29

hi guys, i got a little story to tell, not actually a real race i dont think though?

when i was going to take my ex on another date or hang or wateva she called it, her new boy friend came with his civic hatchback (no idea wats in it for motor, only know it was 2 door and 5 speed)

so here iam with her, in my 97 neon sohc with 215,000km 5 speed and totally stock. When i seen he was coming up behind i was accerlating a little harder then normal, didnt floor it or nothing.

so he follows behind me on my *** for maybe a minute, while the girl in with me is like "o god what trouble did i start" and he goes for passing me. He passed me, but then i was thinking should i go for it or would she get mad at me.

i decide to go for it and i throw the car in forth doing about 90 and get up to close to 130 km/h, but i didnt floor it or nothing.

Back then i kinda was still trying to learn howto drive stick, and i was scared id blow my motor by going into third. But il admit, i was scared his civic would take my neon so i didnt really try.

But after reading on here, it seems i should be able to take him? guess i prolly will meet him on the road again, but he drives his civic with broken ball joints n such...

now ima waiting for my next opportunity now that i know some more.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i am a second gen but i figured i would post anyway...

well i was driving home from one of my softball games yesterday, i turned on the four lane, and at the next street a buitifull 2000ish bmw m3 pulls in the road, silver in color, 19 inch wheels. and exhaust... i get to the first light and i was behind him... (due to traffic) next light a police station is right around the corner...

we get to the third light, side by side i see a brembo big brake kit... thinking i am going to get my *** handed to me (unknowing what is under the hood) the light turns green, and we just kind pull off the light slowly... (i was not sure if i even wanted to mess with it) he kinda goosed it alittle, so i did the same (maybe twenty mile an hr roll, held him even to my car till about fifty... slowed down again... (school area) cruised till we got out of town... go to a stretch of high way that had no cars, and hit a red light...... sat waiting for it to turn green, it turned green... we got on it, neon was pulling great... got a half a car on him, and i kept it till the end of third gear... then i backed off.... the next light we did the same, hit it red, enough for a stop and quick go, this time i got him off the line good, pulling about a car and a half, holding him there, and backing off at about 80... as he turned off he gave me the thumbs up out the window, and i did the same.....

i do not usually race on the streets, but when i saw the car i had to test the neon... i would of loved to run him at the track. i am betting it was going to be a hell of a quarter mile run....

i talked to a friend of his online, the car had exhaust, intake, and a bigger cam from what i am told.....

i am a boosted 2.0 if u were unaware..

Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

This morning I got "lucky" and pulled up beside a Honda Civic Si at the light on the north end of Huntsville, AL coming into town. It is a newer model. white, that had a god awful fart can muffler and some kind of freaky looking wing/spoiler on the back and some hideous low profile tires with oversize rims that to me looked awful.

I was checking out his ride, and he must have noticed. Side note: We are commuting to work, and there are a lot of cars behind us, and a lot of cars coming onto "our" access road on the other side of the light from the North - ie: lots of traffic.

Anyway, the light changed, and he gunned it! I don't mean just a jack rabbit start, I mean he stomped that sucker flat to the floor! Smoke came out from the tires squealing like a pig, and it buzzed like a whole mess of extremely pissed off hornets! He had the jump on me no doubt! Big whoop! As it so happens, both of us were lucky in that there was a gap in traffic, so that when he did that and I saw a hole, I gave it a go and passed him with almost no effort at all and then just to rub it in, I jumped in front of him and passed cars that were in front of me! I then moved over, backed off, and let him roar off on his merry way! All flash, no substance! My completely stock, ugly as lye soap 1995 car left him with egg on his face! What fun! I had no intention of racing, but it sure felt good to pump up the adrenaline level for a "quickie"

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons