Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Lets try this once more. Any kind of store. Speak out
Here is two of my best

The other day I had a black orange saleen more or less get in my way on the interstate. He was going about 7 -10 miles hour under the speed limit "cause of the car in front of him when I went to go around him he jumps out in front of me.(first time ok) After he got around the car he gets back over then decides to jump back in front of me to go around the next set of cars (now I am gettingpissed) He then goes around them and never gets back over so I change lanes. Then he get back in front of me as go to step on the gas.(now just plan mad) I look back jump in the hammer lane zoom pass him. As I do I can here him romping on his gas.I level him in the dust.Two miles down the interstate and about a mile from the interstate near my home I stop to get a drink and some gas. After pumping and paying for my gas (empty tank to filling it all the up) he pulls in the parking lot and ask what in the hell do you have in that thing. So now that I have com down and realizing what I just did I am nice and popped the hood. He ask how did I cram that motor in there. I just said with a lot work and now you might just think before you jump out in front of a little helpless neon because it may just kick your V8 butt.
Don't want no one to think i am a street racer but is nice to have the power to put someone to same when I can.
Anybody got some stories lets hear'em and lets keep'em truthful

My wifetold me that i should post this one on my own post. I didn't think of it really.The other night my wife and I was on the way home and a car flies up on me from behind @ first I thought it was a cop, But then I could see the headlights and knew it wasn't a cop. My wife said out run this car. So I get on the gas a little and get it up to 75 MPH. He then get so close to my bumper I couldn't see his headlights.He then gets besides me and it is a Mercedes-Benz SL(@ the time I wasn't sure if it was a 500(nonturbo) or 600(turbo).Wife said go. I floored it, looked into the rearveiw and themheadlights were fading fastandthe next thing I know I am running over 140 MPH. I pulled off on an exit and waited. Set there for two minutes and he comes fling by an own down the interstate. About two weeks later a guy walks up to my car as I am getting out of it and asked me about racing a car on the interstate late one night. Kind of nervous I said yes. He says that there was no way I out ran him. I told him we could race them again. He said he is not going to be embarassed like that again. When he walked away to get into his car I looked on the back of the car and it was the 500 (nonturbo). I get home and look it up in the net and it is a $64000.00 car and I blew it away with a car that I have less than $5000.00 in.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

expensive cars arent always the fastest

my r/t with about $1000 in the turbo kit beat my moms $25,000 wrx into the ground on a few occasions

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

dude wtf do we start a new one of these every day???

Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

there being put in street/strip and im sure they will continue too go thereknow one realy cares about what we can win just go and do it[&:]safely

Old 07-19-2007, 02:43 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

what you didnt like my story?
like i care what you beat with your neon being a DUMBASS street racing.
that **** is why i have less friends becaus theyre DEAD from ****wads like you who dont know what a race track is...
go away

Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

next time you get to 140 i hope your tire explodes.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i was j/k you know you can't tell some ones tonesover acomputer and i don't street race i got my own dirt trackplus none of my cars can get to 120+

Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon
plus none of my cars can get to 120+
My Neon has burried the Needle past 120down a huge hill while the rev limiter was going nuts....lol

Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

im scared to go to the limiter i just can't stand my car running bad even for a second just to hard on me lol you would think it would save some money to keep that kind ofstuff off a car

Old 07-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Slashwannabe

The engine maxes out at 6,500 RPM at 118mph its doing like 4,500RPM Far from blowing it up keep oil in it and its happy : )

Yesterday was the first time I kept the car in 2nd gear all the way up to 102mph and it did like 5800 RPM the highestI ever had the engine up to.

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons