not really

ok das dont get your panties all in a bunch just playin

Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cost of the srt4 swap???

ORIGINAL: protivakid
Makes sense, so pretty much the "new" pcm just never finds it and goes with the flow?
Correct. If it has seen it, then it needs to see it again to start the car.

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2
ok das dont get your panties all in a bunch just playin
No panties....going COMMANDO TODAY [sm=bling.gif]

Old 07-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But you can take the steering column, S.K.I.M. (Sentry Key Immobilizer Module),plus the pcm out of the same car so the vin number will match.That is what I did.

I have somewhere in between $4000.00 and $5000.00 in mine but that is including changes I have done to the interior and exterior of the car.

$1500.00 for a srt 4 motor and that is all you are getting. Just the motor and maybe the turbo. No pcm or sensors or anything to help get ti running

As the trans I read about them using the gen1 trans bout would you put a 200 plus horse power motor in front of a trans that is only rated for a 150 horse power motor

Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

But you can take the steering column, S.K.I.M. (Sentry Key Immobilizer Module),plus the pcm out of the same car so the vin number will match.That is what I did.
Very true, but then that adds to the cost. I think this is a good option however. Did you take the rest of the key locks as well?

As the trans I read about them using the gen1 trans bout would you put a 200 plus horse power motor in front of a trans that is only rated for a 150 horse power motor
The neon's stock tranny can take it and has been taking it for awhile. The clutch however will need to be upgraded.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: das2123

Very true, but then that adds to the cost. I think this is a good option however. Did you take the rest of the key locks as well?

The neon's stock tranny can take it and has been taking it for awhile. The clutch however will need to be upgraded.
No I did not take the rest of the key locks I just you the 98 key for doors and trunk

Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
spudsterier
Legend

would you put a 200 plus horse power motor in front of a trans that is only rated for a 150 horse power motor
i would

Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

would you put a 200 plus horse power motor in front of a trans that is only rated for a 150 horse power motor
i would
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Your best bet is to try to find a totaled srt 4 that has been either rear ended or side impact behind the fenders. Get everything you need off of it. Save everything else that is not damaged sell it.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
pssssst
Veteran

aerorat, be honest here.... after all the time and money u put into ur neon... is it really worth it? i mean for 5 grand i can go get a pretty decent turbo car... i am not being a ***** by asking this because i think its an awesome swap andi wish i had it lol i just dont know if i can justify putting 5 grand into my neon

Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Aerorat
All Star

I would do it again and again.Well worth it. I have had offers of 8000.00 to 9000.00 for it and i know you think i am crazy for not taking that.But this car my best friend and I both busted our *** on it. And I have had all kinds of vehicles including a mini van with a rockford fosegate sponsored sound system with eight 15's in it. And this car is by far my favorite. Love my my car. I don't even think i would trade it for a brand new viper gts (well maybe, yea I would) but then I would build another. I have seen three or four of them sell on ebay no less 10,000. and the amount I have in really isn't that bad with all of the stuff I have done to the interior and exterior and a few mods to the motor. The pic of my car you see under my name is an old pic it still had to 2.0 in it there so alot has changed but it is still that damn green in which will change.

Quick Reply: cost of the srt4 swap???