1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

"To Each His Own" Tired Of This BS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "To Each His Own" Tired Of This BS

A spoiler is the piece on a late 70's trans am or caramo no air goes under it. Does somegood for down force but makes a lot of drag because no air passing under. And you say spoiled the looks of the car have you seen a TA without a spoiler

Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Dr_KY
Professional

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

A spoiler is the piece on a late 70's trans am or caramo no air goes under it. Does somegood for down force but makes a lot of drag because no air passing under. And you say spoiled the looks of the car have you seen a TA without a spoiler
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. How about you how us with pictures?

Old 07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Aerorat
All Star

http://www.thepontiactransampage.com/78taws6.html
the peice on the trunk and wrapped aroune top of rear quarter panels is a spoiler. If look ing at the back of this car it as TRANS AM on it

Old 07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Dr_KY
Professional

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

http://www.thepontiactransampage.com/78taws6.html
the peice on the trunk and wrapped aroune top of rear quarter panels is a spoiler. If look ing at the back of this car it as TRANS AM on it
Yes I get that part but when you say 'a lot of drag' is where it gets confusing. That car was built and tested so that it works to help unlike the bolt -on wings that people are throwing on things like neons, Hondas and the like. It is designed not to cause as much drag as the for mentioned thats why it sits low.
People often confuse these things. An air foil or wing does not have to have air traveling under it.

Some foils spoilersare designed to help with breaking but for the most part this appears on later cars such as the SLR McLarenwith an air-brake on the rear spoiler. The air-brake activates under hard braking above 100km/h (60mph) and produces extra downforce which decreases braking distance.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

you guys are still fighting just call a f-ing truce.a spoiler dose not spoil the look or a car just the crappy ones and a fart can dose not make you a ricer damn did you not read the post where tired of ******** saying people are ricer when they have the parts that some ricers do have btw my apexi is considerd a fart can but it is a very good performer and dose not sound like most of the cheap stuff like off ebay.....i think another def for a ricer like person should be the people who buy this stuff on ebay for 20-40 bucks and don't get any hp but say it added twice as much powerwhile some people have to cut corners but atleast reserch stuff before you buy a 0hp exhuast or a $10 ecu that adds 300hp

Old 07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Dr_KY
I was saying to unclemike that there is a difference between a wing and a spoiler. Thats all. I wouldn't put down one of the coolest cars built.

estneon
weare notfighting Dr_KY and I was discussing a few things thats all
we are cool

Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
unclemike
Veteran

You guys are really going to hate this one. Go to your local weld shop, have them bend a two inch wide strip of sheet metal to a 90 degree angle. Take it home and while you're watching NOPI Tunervison cut it into inch wide sectons. During the commercial breaks blind rivet the sections to your trunk lid. You don't even have to lay them out neatly if you're lazy. If you want you can rivet some to the rear section of your roof. It will work just as good as any spoiler with less drag.
Oh and BTW if you want a decent exhaust, buy the walker Dynomax 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipes and a Flowmaster Series 40 muffler with 2 1/2 inlet and outlet. Get a 2 1/2 inch 90 degree stainless mandrel bend elbow to finish it off. You will have to fab up round stock to fit the rubber muffler hangers.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Aerorat
All Star

you crazy man

Old 07-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Do we have anything else to bitch about

Old 07-28-2007, 04:36 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow....i dont even bother to read this thread anymore....just glance at it, but its always the same thing[:'(]

Quick Reply: "To Each His Own" Tired Of This BS