1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Any way to make IAT sensor read cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to make IAT sensor read cooler?

I love the power the car has on a fresh startup in the cooler night air, it would be nice to have this sort of power all the time but theres a problem and its evil and its called the IAT/Map Sensor.

I know you've all heard of the resistor gimmick, I'm wondering if I can place the IAT/map sensor in a different spot so it reads cooler or wire it up to a reliable resistor system? I'm also wondering if on the 96 and newer Neons if a person needs at least 2 resistors for it to work? since its a dual unit that might be the case.

I've heard the PCM over time gets smart to this kind of thing but I'm wondering if I hook it up to a switch so it reads the resistance I want when I need the power for a race or get moving fast sort of situation that using the reistance once in a while the PCM shouldnt catch on you'd think?. Is thereAny way what so ever to fool the sensor into thinking itscooler outside? This is especially a problem when its 90 degrees+ outside.

I have a couple good IAT/Map sensors laying around I wouldnt mind the challenge of taking one apart and seperating them into a seperate unit and wireing them up so they dont conflict with each other whenI attempt this IAT fool job. I would like to know which wires or prongs go to the MAP and IAT.

I'm thinking about getting or making a "Cool Can" if this IAT sensor thing doesnt work out.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_745113_-1

Thanks guys in advance!

Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any way to make IAT sensor read cooler?

I haven't heard of anyone trying something like this, probably because the difference isn't worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Any way to make IAT sensor read cooler?