1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Transmission fluid leak + Backup Light issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 08:55 PM
cerebral_mamba
Default Transmission fluid leak + Backup Light issue

HI,

1. I did an oil change at Mobil and as a comment the technician wrote "transmission fluid leak".. He said he thinks its only a minor leak. How big an issue is this or could potentially become? Are there any signs I will get while driving that will tell me its time to get it fixed before a complete failure?

2. My backup lights don't work. I checked the fuse and the bulbs and they are fine. Supply voltage does not appear at the backup lights when the vehicle is in reverse gear with the ignition key ON.. so I am presuming the problem may be with a switch that engages when I put vehicle in reverse gear.. I have a repair manual on order and shuld have it in a few days and hope to fix these kind of issues, but please let me know your opinion on what else could be the fault.

3. Horn, does not work... I cannot even find a horn under the hod.. will need to trace where the wires for connecting the horn terminates... Please help if you know.

Thanks a lot,
Sujith

Old 08-22-2007 | 11:23 AM
das2123
Legend
Default RE: Transmission fluid leak + Backup Light issue

1. Could be your gasket leaking. Do you notice any on the ground after you are parked?
2. Try the switch.
3. It's behind the front fasica located right by the actual bumper.

Quick Reply: Transmission fluid leak + Backup Light issue