1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Help me =/

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM
99 Neon
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me =/

whats the trick to do with your neon when the service engine light comes on to figure out the code and ultimately find out whats wrong with it? its like on-off-on-off-on-off? with the radio mode?? so my check engine light hasnt been on in like 5 months honestly i washed and waxed my car and start driving down to my old hometown 45 minutes away. i was in a hurry so i was going like 90 on the highway but it was in 5th at like 4 thousand RPM's. A little while after my light came on and it has pretty much constantly blinked since which is bad. In first gear it doesnt seem to have the power. it idles at a little less than 1 RPM's and feels like its bogging and the car noticably shakes and sounds a bit diffrent. Besides it seeming to be at a power loss as well thats about it. Any ideas?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Default RE: Help me =/

i hadda problem like that and cylinder 4 hadda misfire so it might be running on 3 cylinders. it would idle at 1000 and run rough and you can still drive it but its slow.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
99 Neon
Veteran
Default RE: Help me =/

figured it out i got "42 Fuel pump relay control ckt, Auto shutdown relay control ckt, No ASD relay output voltage at PCM, Fuel level sending unit volts out of range, Fuel level unit No change over miles
43 Multiple/ single cylinder misfire"
and 12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles

so any easy ways to fix this. i have the relay switch for the fuel p[ump which is the big fuse and im gonna put that in see if theres any changes. besdies that any input/help?