What is the best neon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the best neon?

ORIGINAL: RiceBoy_88

So get the 95sport coupe with the dohc motor that would be the best way to go?
yes....that would probally be the best way to go...

and to clear things up:
when the motor in my car was stock with the srt turbo then it should have been about 250hp....stock internals, stock throttle body, srt turbo, srt intercooler, 2 walbro 255lph fuel pumps, begi rrfpr, mopar bov, and a few other minor things.....
now the car should be about 350ish hp....give or take a few.....but thats with everything listed above and more, including je pistons, eagle rods, block was bored .020 over, crane valve springs, BC titanium retainers, ported head, polished and balanced crank, and still more....but still the stock mt throttle body, stock pcm, and still need to install the crane #14 cams

Old 09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
5 speed
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: 5 speed

the advantage of a dohc is like 12hp and dohc motors are crap thats why they quit making them in 99 the 95 sohc has a more agressive cam but alot of parts are 95 only, i dont care what anyone on here says, sohc is twice as reliable as a dohc and you can make the same power with mods. your not going to have a seat of the pants feel between a sohc and a dohc car theres just not that much of a difference
This post really makes me laugh.

The DOHC makes better power in the top end when the SOHC falls off. You don't feel the difference in "the seat of your pants" but at the dragstip (WHAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS DOING WITH THE CAR) you will SEE the diiference in 1/4 mile times.
whata tenth or 2? all im saying is its not a big deal if its a dohc or a sohc you guys are talking like its a 50hp difference here

Old 09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the advantage of a dohc is like 12hp and dohc motors are crap thats why they quit making them in 99 the 95 sohc has a more agressive cam but alot of parts are 95 only, i dont care what anyone on here says, sohc is twice as reliable as a dohc and you can make the same power with mods. your not going to have a seat of the pants feel between a sohc and a dohc car theres just not that much of a difference

The DOHC makes better power in the top end when the SOHC falls off. You don't feel the difference in "the seat of your pants" but at the dragstip (WHAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS DOING WITH THE CAR) you will SEE the diiference in 1/4 mile times.
That is what I was thinking, And, how is the dohc motor crap? It is the same motor as the sohc but with a different head...

Old 09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
das2123
Legend

whata tenth or 2? all im saying is its not a big deal if its a dohc or a sohc you guys are talking like its a 50hp difference here
But thats what wins races, which is what the guy is trying to do. I didn't say there was a big HP difference anywhere, did I? No, the DOHC performs better at the track where it counts, by almost a full second!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
SCCA B8

soo just wondering how hard is it to put a dohc head on a sohc motor if your gunna rebuild anyway....and if that does work where can u get em howell?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

when i do my neon im going to stay sohc and shoot for 350-400hp im not going to say that dohc are better but for a n/a he needs every bit of hpto save his ***

Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

it's easy too put the dohc headon sohc if you can do a rebuild

NEVER shop howell unless your desprit shiping takes years if your lucky

go to a junk yard and get the head....then go to modernperfomance.com and get a dohc rebuild kit and slap it all on(it's harder then that but you get the point)
heres a how to https://dodgeforum.com/m_599520/tm.htm

Old 09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

thats one thing i did notice driving my buddies dohc though my car is quite a bit faster his car does pull harded to redline as where mine you can kinda feel the power fall off after 5 grand but if he had my mods it would problly be faster.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional

I hope I can soon find a 2dr 5 speed, the only thing I can find a automatics around here but Iam gonna keep lookin.I might just have to buy an auto and swap it but I hope not!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i might be selling a 2-door 98 r/t with a big dent soon.......but im not sure yet, depends on how far i have to drive to find a job[&:]

Quick Reply: What is the best neon?