1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Any interest in my Neon as a parts car in VA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
MaverickH1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in my Neon as a parts car in VA?

I'm finding a large roadblock in trying to get my Neon titled here in VA. Each DMV I go to has a different reason as to why the vehicle can't be titled. Some say the original owner has to sign off, some say that because it's already registered in VA it can't get a new VA title, etc, etc.

So I've got a '95 4-door Highline 5-speed sitting next to the barn. I can get pictures to interested parties.

It does have problems:
- Head Gasket leak
- Paint fade in some places (it's the orange/red color)
- The body is in overall good condition. It has a couple dents. Nothing major.
- Brakes leaked out all brake fluid at the proportioning valve. I've got a new valve on it, and it's got new calipers, pads, and rotors on it. The leak seems to be fixed, but the master cylinder needs to be bled, and the brake lines need to be bled. It's not too bad to do since this is a non-ABS model.
- Rear brake shoes sound done for.
- The transmission started to fail to go into reverse unless you shifted into 5th first.
- The radio doesn't work, but I installed an MP3/CD player in it that works fine.
- Last time I started it up, it said the fuel tank was empty. It wasn't when I parked it, and it doesn't appear to have leaked. So I think we have an electrical issue. A mouse might've fed on a wire. That happens a lot around here with parked cars.
- I was told the AC needed to be charged every summer. I never did that, so I don't know if the AC works.

Now for the good news:
- It practically has entirely new front brakes. A flush of the brake system would be a good idea.
- The tires have maybe 2000 miles on them. They're practically brand new.
- The MP3 player sure was nice back when the thing ran...

Currently, that's all I can think of that was wrong with it.

Anyhow, I guess it has to be sold strictly as a parts car. I have no title. If there's any interest, let me know. The vehicle is parked in Western VA right next to the VA/WV border.

The price isn't concrete, but I'm thinking $500 or so.

Otherwise, I may try to build a street legal "hot rod" out of it.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
tattoojack
Veteran
Default RE: Any interest in my Neon as a parts car in VA?

$500 for the whole car? wow! i paid $300 cash for mine and it only had a bad radiator and a fan relay. u nay just wanna put it on ebay and as u get emails for parts requests, pull that part and ship it. i did that to one that i was usin for parts after i was done and totalled almost 900 bucks. just list a couple parts and add in the listing that you have a whole car. the emails will pour in.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional

What part of VA do you live in?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
MaverickH1
Rookie

Bath County.

In response to the mass of e-mails I got, I'm not going to part this car out, I'm looking to sell the entire thing.

Quick Reply: Any interest in my Neon as a parts car in VA?