1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I appreciate the help w/ the water pump info. One more dumb question though.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
justin.chamberlain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I appreciate the help w/ the water pump info. One more dumb question though.

I am having some trouble taking off the crankshaft damper pulley. I am having a hard time busting the nut. On other vehicles you just feed a srcew driver through to hold the pulley in place but that won't work here since it all plastic covers behind it. Is there a special wrench I need. Thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: I appreciate the help w/ the water pump info. One more dumb question though.

The screwdriver trick still works, you just have to find the right place to put it Also, try to get your hands on an impact, you shouldnt even have to put anything through the pulley.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I appreciate the help w/ the water pump info. One more dumb question though.

if its a 5-speed how i did it was, i had my dad put it in 5th and then pushed the brakes. and it turned a little but then it stopped and it came off. when u go to put the puller on. if its one of the loan a tool ones from Autozone, you'll need to put a small drill bit inside of it so it can get the pulley all the way off.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Slashwannabe

I used a Craftsmen ratchet extention(so I can take it back if it breaks ) jammed between the middle of the damper and the right side of the block, then what you'll need is a breaker bar to get it loose then use the impact to go the rest of the way.

Quick Reply: I appreciate the help w/ the water pump info. One more dumb question though.