1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Problems with car

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Heavy_D508
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with car

ok i was driving my neon its a 97, auto, and i was driving in the highway for a while, maby 30min-1hr and the car started to shake and then the lights came on and shut off, then i towed it, and make sure there was oil, it was low, so i poured some in, and it started fine. then when i got home it stalled again. so i tired to turn it back on and it didnt want to try to rev, like say ex. the idle is 700 it will do maby 500rpm, it will try to shut off but stay and and make all the lights go on and off and then off and then off, and so on, and when i try to rev it up and wont go high just stay the same and make the intake loud and it back fired couple times. then i let it sit for 5min and then it revf up just a little higher for me to move the car just a little bit forward. i was thinking it could be maby the TPS sensor, f this car has one, the IAC sensor, the fuel pump is good for what i see, i pulled the clip out and it poured gas like crazy so i know thats good. any ideas? some girl told me that it has to be the tranny, she said shes a mechanic, i dont believe that **** at all, and i am certified mechanic, i just want opinions from you guys, like what you guys think it could be. so im thinking IAC and TPS, oh what about the COIL box? i also have a 2001 that just make the check engine light go on cause of the coil box giving me random mis fire lol.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional
Default RE: Problems with car

I had the same problem it was the ground wires goinonto mynegative battery terminal and it fixed it,but my buddy had the same problem and it was his coil pack so check your wires and your coil pack.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Heavy_D508
Rookie

ok, well my other qs is that my car is starting to run like crap now, its kinda being lazy and sucking alot of gas, i put new spark plugs which are NGKs and couple days later its starting to run like crap, im going to the j/y tomorrow to get some stuff for it, but any one else has any ideas why its like that?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM
pssssst
Veteran

o2 sensor might be bad

Old 10-21-2007, 08:57 AM
stodd4

Might be that your Cat is plugged. You can have that checked at any competent muffler shop.

Quick Reply: Problems with car