1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

TB Spacer whine

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TB Spacer whine

the udp ive heard that it doesnt really do anything for you except free up some extra hp like if you got rid of the AC and Power Steering.. so im not really into getting one till i dump the system and the atx tb and the tb spacer should be a great combo

Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

do you mean your audio system? **** i will respect the hell out of you for that[8D]...then you just have to get rid of that hood and i will give it mad props....a udp is a great mod you can realy feel the powermy neongot a lot faster when i did mine i have not been disapointed and i left the belts on.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
tattoojack
Veteran

ok,i wanna know how this supposed spacer makes air fuel mix better when fuel isn't introduced into the engine until the intake below the fuel rail? your tellin me i should put a spacer in to do what a vortex does? come on!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Slashwannabe

I think the TB spacer is a very underrated mod, many people do not understand it so they throw it on the back burner.

ORIGINAL: estneon

i have datedhotter girlsso im not impressed....4 out of 10 imo
Doubtit, cuz she's #1...ahahha

It takes at least a V8 in that Neon to aquire any girl 1/10th her greatness, and you wont do it with your 4 cylinder...Ahahaha Or if you have a Hemi... You get anyone you want.

I got one! : )

Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: tattoojack

ok,i wanna know how this supposed spacer makes air fuel mix better when fuel isn't introduced into the engine until the intake below the fuel rail? your tellin me i should put a spacer in to do what a vortex does? come on!
I think you totally ignored what was said on top... but lucky for you I'm willing to re-rexplain it!

The TB spacer makes the intake runners slightly longer PAST the TB butterfly, it works on the same principal of why the SOHC runners are curved at such odd angles, the reason for that is to attain longer runners which kinda works like a dual plain intake manifold for low endresponse, only the TB spacer where it sits helps shapehigh end power. It has nothing to do with a vortex as my home made spacer doesn't have any special features like that and I expirenced exceptional gains with pretty much adding a half inch spacer and nothing else. Its all about air velosity and how it enters the ittake valves. If the spacerdoesn't make a difference as some presumethen whyaren't theintake runners on a SOHC and DOHC design shaped like a log manifold? Answer because those wacky looking manifolds areshaped that way for velosity. This dictates how air is directedand how fast air enters the head which is very important to performance.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

that is alot of explaining for one simple mod.. i figure if you guys say it works then why not put it on it took like 15 minutes becuz i dont have the right tools and i didnt know were all the bolts were.. but mostly cuz i dont have the right tools[:'(]

Quick Reply: TB Spacer whine