1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

car keeps hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Jneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car keeps hesitating

hey everyone im new here but in need of alot of help. Have a 97 auto sohc neon its has 66000 miles on it. never really had major problem other then usual head gasket replacement and whole engine flush. so my little neon after maybe 20 min of driving starts hesitating on acceleration with ac on or offand even heat on or offand at a complete stop wants to turn off unless i get gas going thru her. while in her PMS mood she starts overheating at a stop and starts smoking but goes back to normal temp and no smokewhile driving i replaced the the temp guage a month ago and did a whole radiator flush and still does it. i know the problem starts after 20 min and only when i brake to a stop and continues unless i shut her off and start her back up like an hr later n acts like nothing happened. any ideas would be appreciated thanks in advance

Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: car keeps hesitating

Have you the Coolant temp sensor or thermostat?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
tattoojack
Veteran

fan relay!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Jneon

i have changed the thermostat but not the fan relay but the fan has been working fine so ive been doubting thats the cause of my problem.. i use to drive this thing 300 miles every weekend n never a problem and now i just dunt know im all out of money because of school. thanks for the replies and please if any other ideas let me know

Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 AM
tattoojack
Veteran

if the fan comes on thats not it. i had same probs but fan wasnt workin. got relay and fans came on but still had your problem. then changed the thermostat and the RADIATOR CAP. problem solved.

Quick Reply: car keeps hesitating