1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

How do i know if my spark plug wire is burnt or in bad condition? need expertise advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
unclemike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do i know if my spark plug wire is burnt or in bad condition? need expertise advice

I have no idea. All the plug wires I bought you just plugged in. Sounds like you got somebody's return.
For some interesting reading Google Paypal sucks.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
95Highline
Professional
Default RE: How do i know if my spark plug wire is burnt or in bad condition? need expertise advice

yup..that sounds just about right to me..that bastard..if i dont hear from him by tomorrow..im going to ruin his rep and get my money back..i also bought Iridium lX spark plugs

Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 AM
unclemike
Veteran

Never heard of the spark plugs. I use Autolites. I tuned my daughter's 1996 SOCH 5 spd coupe with Bosch dual tip platinums and started getting misfire codes. I read here that regular spark plugs are the best choice for Neons. I used to run Champions all the time until I started having fouling problems in one of my old 318 cars. Switching to Autolites solved the problem.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain

The wires are new. White stuff is probably assembly lube.

I used to run Champions all the time until I started having fouling problems in one of my old 318 cars.
Either the plugs were the wrong heat range, engine was running rich or burning oil. Champions are specifically designed for Chrysler engines. I have/had Mopars with every engine from 2.2 Turbo to 440 and always ran champions. Only reason I switched to colder Delco Rapid Fires in my '87 Shelby was EGT and detonation issues running 42 lb. injectors and 26.5 PSI boost on top of the stage II computer and MSD ignition that advanced the **** out of the timing and threw a much stronger spark. I had to gap them at 0.060" to get good ignition with that much compression and fuel.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Yeah, about all spark plug wires have some scratches on them and ALL have that white residue.

Quick Reply: How do i know if my spark plug wire is burnt or in bad condition? need expertise advice