1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turbo people help. Garrett T3

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo people help. Garrett T3

Oh ohay, so i was reading more and more and realized that fuel regulator allows extra fuel from the fuel rail to be put it back in the tank. Correct? So i just need to get a fitting that fits on the pressure checker for the fuel rail and put a hose on from that to regulator, then to fuel tank correct? do i need a fuel pump on this line? i thought the regulator stored gas for when needed. Haha after reading about turboing neons for 2 months i just found that out im shot.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

not really it regulates the amount of fuel your injectors have avalible and as your boost rises your fuel pressure rises. when you get into boost your motor is going to want to run lean so the regulater gives that fuel to your motor so it will stotch out. Another reason you NEED a A/F wideband gauge.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

link for the blow off valve doesnt work....

connect a rubber fuel line on the front schrader valve on the fuel rail, you need to get an AN 90 degree fitting......then run it to the regulator....from there the line runs back to the fuel pump...you have to modify the housing to put a port in fir the return line to run back into the fuel pump canister.....you will also need another inline fuel pump in the feed line....

in theturbo pic, the gold thing isthe wastegate actuator, i dont think i have ever seen one with 2 ports on it....most only have 1

with the turbo, i run 93 octane gas all the time......any lower octane and you run the possibility of pre-detonation......

here is how you will have to run the fuel:
STOCK FUEL PUMP.....INLINE FUEL PUMP....FUEL RAIL....FUEL REGULATOR....THEN TO A RETURN LINE TO THE STOCK PUMP HOUSING

the fuel regulator regulates the amout of fuel that reaches the injectors by regulating how much is returned to the tank.....no fuel is stored in the regulator, it only regulates the flow

there are alot of turbo posts on here including the sticky up top....from the sounds of it you need to thuroughly read through all of them....over and over again...

Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

any lower octane and you run the possibility of pre-detonation......

no such thing as pre-detonation. its eather pre-ignition or detonation

Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
spudsterier
Legend

pre-ignition...thats it.....i got on here right after i woke up and didnt have time to wake up yet[&:]

Old 11-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

So even if i already have the walbro 255 i still need inline fuel pump? So i use the pressure checker nozzle on the fuel line for the return line. should i take out or drill out the nozzle? i have bookmarked 42 pages on installing turbo on a neon, i just want to make sure i have everything right before i do it? I am asking the questions i dont understand from reading everything else. Installing a turbo is so easy, but i just need to make sure i run all of the lines right. I decided to go with the turbo over the 2.4 swap, i have been wating until i got the engine in my red neon before i start hte blue one. Should i worry about anything driving back from my garage over an hour away? is there anything i should check for or look for? Any help is great thanks. Oh yea, please dont tell me to read other posts. I really got a headache from reading same stuff over and over again. Tought this was a forum to help neon drivers and to talk about neons? It wont hurt to say stuff thats already on other posts, im sure people join everyday that dont mind reading the good information you guys give. Thanks so much and keep up the good work. I hope on doing this in less than 4 hours? that sound about right? I added on an hour to be on safe side :-P.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Also i am new to this site forum, where are the stickys at the top of the page? Sorry if that is dumb question but i just dont see tham? Thanks.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

is blow off valve. sorry

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: I_Ride_Neon

So even if i already have the walbro 255 i still need inline fuel pump?
is the walboro you have an inline pump or an intank module???
So i use the pressure checker nozzle on the fuel line for the return line. should i take out or drill out the nozzle?
you dont need to drill out the nozzle, the valve inside of it is the same as a valve stem on a tire...get a small pair of needle nose pliers or a valve stem core remover and just unscrew the valve core
Should i worry about anything driving back from my garage over an hour away? is there anything i should check for or look for? .
before or after the turbo install??? is sumthing wrong with the car???
I hope on doing this in less than 4 hours? that sound about right? I added on an hour to be on safe side :-P.
depends on if you have absolutely everything needed and know what your doing...when i did my turbo i had no help but install time ran about 10 hours

Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: Turbo people help. Garrett T3