1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turbo people help. Garrett T3

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo people help. Garrett T3

So does anyone know what the 2 holes on the side of theexhaust output on the turbo are for? they r not for the pipe. I need to run coolant to it right? Can i use my heater core hose and run it off that? Also what is the input and out put on the fuel regulator? i think the small one on it is for vaccum, then there are 2 more bigger ones? Also i heard trhat there needs to be a fuel return line. Where does that come from and go to? I am only running 8 pounds on stck engine. Should i be afraid of letting it bounce of red line after i get the turbo on it? anyone have pics of intercooler set up? Any help would be great, after i know this i can start my turbo project.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 AM
estneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Turbo people help. Garrett T3

i can get you pics of my srt-4 ic set upwhen there is light out iwas going to post them on cardomain anyways

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: I_Ride_Neon

So does anyone know what the 2 holes on the side of theexhaust output on the turbo are for? they r not for the pipe. I need to run coolant to it right?
i dont know

Can i use my heater core hose and run it off that?
yes you can put a T fitting in the heater corel ines and run them to the turbo

Also what is the input and out put on the fuel regulator? i think the small one on it is for vaccum, then there are 2 more bigger ones?
what kind of fuel regulator is it???

Also i heard that there needs to be a fuel return line. Where does that come from and go to?
the return line will start at the fitting on the front of the fuel rail, then run to the regulator, then from the regulator back to the modded fuel pump

I am only running 8 pounds on stock engine. Should i be afraid of letting it bounce of red line after i get the turbo on it?
it isnt healthy to bounce off the rev limiter all the time, but it will be fine if you do with the turbo on it...though with a turbo you wont need to get it close to the rev limiter

from the sounds of it, you need to do a hell of alot of research before attempting a turbo project

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Slashwannabe

So does anyone know what the 2 holes on the side of theexhaust output on the turbo are for? they r not for the pipe.
The side holes are for cooling and you can hook them up anyway you want to the heatercore hoses as they don't care which way it flows as long as it does. the oil drain is at the bottum of the turbo and the oil feed is at the top of the turbo.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...LATOR/2-12.jpg

I looks like that one Where do the lines on the wastegate go there is a big one and a smaller one? The fuel return line comes from the fuel rail? I have done alot of research for turbos. I have done a few engine swaps on neons so i know how everything goes. I have everthing for the swap, all i need is a few hoses for vacuum? The only thing i am worried about is the intercooler mounting and the fuel pump work i hate fuel pumps. Someone did have pics of a return line but i cant seem to find them again. Pics would be great. I just need to know where to run fuel and vaccum lines, and where the blow off valve hose hooks to? Thanks!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:40 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do the lines on the wastegate go there is a big one and a smaller one?
how many lines and what kind of wastegate????
The fuel return line comes from the fuel rail?
yes
just need to know where to run fuel and vaccum lines, and where the blow off valve hose hooks to?
i told you alredy how the fuel lines go, for the vaccum lines you can put a few T fittings in the mail hose to the brake booster, which hose on the blow off valve???? what kind is it???
as for the fuel regulator, the small side port is for vaccum, bottom port should be for fuel outlet and the back port should be for fuel inlet.....hopefully your car never catches on fire[&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/76515E45AE1E4E42A597957B66A833E0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

mine looks like spuds only i did a 100% perfect cut his is %95i meant to get pics but i did not have the time today i got my boost controller and i have been tring to find where to mount it in the car

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

http://members.shaw.ca/gehca/pic/N3%20Bov%20pipe%20kit(gal).jpg is blow off valve.

This is same turbo i have. You can see the 2 holes i was talking about on the exhaust, and the wastegate thingy is in there? its the gold thing right? thats what i need to know what 2 hoses hook into it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar...QQcmdZViewItem

So do i use the pressure checker thing for the fuel return line? and how does the return line go to the regulator? doesnt it just go straight back and dump in the tank?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Wait that gold thing only has one hose adapter on it, mine has 2 one on the other side.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Oh yea what kind of fuel should i run after installed?

Quick Reply: Turbo people help. Garrett T3