1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

srt swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt swap

plan on doin an srt swap next year delayed now since i started restoring a camaro i bought for 200 bucks so the swap will have to wait im hoping to atleast start by this summer but first i have to find a car i wrecked one or just the motor either way thats the hardest part i see ahead but once i get everything i need it shouldnt take to long to finish with all the people i know that will help out with the project going to upgrade the brakes as well and start wwelding some custom exhaust for the car as of now its at a stand still since im swaping the motor im not gunna put anymore money into it and there not much left to do beside th brakes

Old 12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: srt swap

So do you plan on MS'ing this car or swaping the whole dash???

Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

im gunna swap the whole dash and interior if possible im gunna try to buy a whole wrecked srt for a couple grand and do it the right way first lol dont feel like messing my car up

Old 12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

If you dont feel like messing your car up just mega squirt the thing. It would be much easyer you wouldent have to swap the dash and you wouldent need the ecu and the key tumbler and all the other crap that youneed to swap. justtap the ms in the harness and go. plus it would beway easyer to tune. Plus you would be able to get more power from it...

Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

oh ok i mean i know alot aboutcar and my neon but when it coemes to all the eletical and wireing stuff im lost lol i have friends that are good with it the most i do with wires are system and amps thats about it. im sure i could figure it out but ill have someone that knows what to do help lol

Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

being able to wire the MS is one thing... MegaSquirt is a full stand alone unit that you have to compleatly program every aspect of the engine to have it run properly... in other words you NEED to know about how a motor works and what to do to get it where you need it.... heres the good thing.... There are places on the internet that you can go and look at maps of what other people have done with your same set-up... find the one closeset to yours download it to you lap-top hook the laptop up to your MS and download it to the MS. start the car and go from there...

Old 12-08-2007, 02:28 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

ok so even if i happened to get a whole srt it woudl still be easier to do it that way i mean i would spend the money to strip the srt of evrything and re do the inerior as well i already have 2nd gen sxt interior swap in i would swap the dash and center consoul i wanna try and make my car into a 2 door srt.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Aerorat
All Star

It is alot easier to just get a pcm, S.K.I.M.,key, and tumbler and you do not have to swap out the dash. The wire color code is pretty much the same in a srt 4 and you only have to add one wire for the data line(BUS) The S.K.I.M. will even fit in the gen1 steering column. The one thing I would have done different is try to get the whole car. If you do have any questions i will try to help the best I can. And I have seen a swap where the put in the srt 4 dash and you have to cut your door panels and it looks like crap

Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

yeah i geuss im not gunna bother with a body kit since where i live to many hill so im gunna make the car since the car looks bad *** the way it is i also lowered it finally lol eibach pro kit if i happen to go with a kit most likley the wide body

Quick Reply: srt swap