1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

twin turbo neon

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: twin turbo neon

Ifmy Single Turbo 4 cylinder SOHCNeon Engine isnt enoughthen I'll go build my 331Hemi up to 900hp which is basically a 6-71 blowerupgradeaway and throw it into another Neon and makeRicers **** soy sauce. The Hemihas 8-1 compression allready and the rods can handle 1200hpand the crank is drag tested so the blower isnt a big deal to throw on. The thing is I'll always be happy with the 4 cylinder turbo Neon I currently have so the Hemi is waiting for a Plymouth Cuda in the mean time.

Besides that is retarded to build your engine sky high just because you can't beat everybody, if you want to beat everybody then build a exact replica of a top fuel340mph 10,000hp Hemi Dragster then maybe you'll beat everybody but till you can afford that then stick with realistic goals.

What I'm pretty much saying is theres always somebody who can beat you why not make the car a respectable performer and fun to drive instead of the unrealistic goal of beating everybody. If you can't get the job done with a single turbo4 cylinder thenyou obviously need to to go to 8 cylinders to make sure you can beat most people.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

It's lonely at the top. Racing was fun before it got competitive. About as senseless as gangs fighting over city blocks or territory. Just enjoy it while you have it. Hard to enjoy a car when you are not happy with it. build what you want, not what others like. At the end of the day, it's just a car.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
AJay
Veteran

thats bad ***....

Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ghost Neon 2
Hard to enjoy a car when you are not happy with it. build what you want, not what others like. At the end of the day, it's just a car.
hence why i am parting out my red r/t...i loved it when i 1st bought the car, but after i dumped about $12,000 into it, i really started to hate it....i just cant wait to have it back to semi stock...all this money dumped into the car and im still stuck with a 10 year old beater neon[:'(]

Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, i like the idea of twin turbos, but if a company is making it, it will start to be very very popular, and that is why i would never do it, just because of the fact, that neon is the first twin turbo neon, and i GARENTTEE not the last....... but cool non the less,

EVERYONE can be beat in a race, and dont ever beleive u cant be

Old 01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
das2123
Legend

Anything above around 250-350 HP is just bragging rights. You won't be able to "really" use that much HP in a neon.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Slashwannabe

You can but it will take some work and time. Like a full frame and slicks...lol

I'm decided thatif I ever getmy 2 door Neon I'm going to build a full frame under it and put a 4 link suspension on the rear attached to a410 Dana Rear End and then yes a v-8 is going in and most of you probablyknow I own 2earlyHemi's lol. I am really serious about that swap, in the recent years the Neon has become the car I really love. Muscle Cars from the 60s and 70s are getting harder to find each and every day and so reality would say its a shame to have at least 1 ofmy Hemi engines sitting on a bench at home so put at least one of the engines to use.

Nobody expects a Neon to have muscle car power so I'm ****ting my pants to find a 2 door Neon so I can start the madness! Damn youtube I had that idea since seeing a 360 in a 1991 Daytona K Car on there...lol.

Ok enough about my future projects, whats the point of twin turbos when you can blow your engine up with 1 turbo?..lol Also is there enough exhaust pressure to push 2 efficiently and how do they get around this problem? Well the turbo probably has to be pretty small for it to work good

Please Explain it to me somebody!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: das2123

Anything above around 250-350 HP is just bragging rights. You won't be able to "really" use that much HP in a neon.
it was damn near impossible to drive my red r/t on the road....with dry pavement you could be going down the road spinning the tires at 90mph....i could only imagine if i would of had to drive the car in snow or rain

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

ok the way it works is that the Tdo4 spools first about 1000rpm later then it would noramally due to exaustpressure lose from the other turbo so you will start to build boost gradually with the tdo4 then around 4500-4700 rpm the tdo4 will be around 10psi, ataround the 15 psi point they wastegate the tdo4 and the big one will finally spool causeing the overall boost to rise and as the rpm rises each turbo will produce more but really the biger one will do most the work above 4500rpm the td04 is really only good for about 15-20 psi (in a single turbo setup...) I guess what it really does is uses the tdo4 to get it going and to help with tire spin and then when it gets up in the rpm where the tdo4 normally falls on its face the biger turbo has had time to spool and kick in pushing the psi up to around 27 psi well thats where they stopped and is where they were producing 570 hp.

Quick Reply: twin turbo neon