1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Help me please hooking up knock light

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
dtecneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please hooking up knock light

im hooking up my turboxs knockllight . I cant get the shift points to light up when i set it to a RPM point. I have everything hooked up right .. i have the knock wire hooked up Color ( Blue/green ) wire. Then you have an RPM wire you have to hook up . So i found the ( Grey/light blue ) wire and hooked the RPM that ran to the shift light to the ( Grey/Light Blue ) wire. I cant get it to set its point for shift on a RPM. Here is a diagram of the knocklight

I dont know what i dont right or wrong. I got it hooked up with a power and a ground hooked up. Thanks for helping cody.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Help me please hooking up knock light

check your tach wire with a test light make sure you have a signal...some say that the 95 tach wire can not support 2 tachs ie...have a tach in the dash and an aftermarket the signal was weaker in 95, ie not the same voltage as 96+ neons. you may want to try to disconnect your stock tach and then see if you can get the knock light to come on and if it does you know that your tach signal is weak... if that is the case msd makes a tach signal adapter for cars that did not come with a tach wire...and the voltage is increased by the msd box...

Old 01-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Slashwannabe
Default RE: Help me please hooking up knock light

Come on man do you really need a shift light? I never look at my tach or gauges when I drive a MTX I do it by ear.

Quick Reply: Help me please hooking up knock light