1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

stereo HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Captansavaho
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo HELP

so about 2 months ago i took out my sub. and a week ago i went to put it back in....nothin has changed since i took it out. i go to put it back in and hook everything up and when i turn the car on ACC. and turn the volume to ZERO and my subwoofer makes a pulsing noise [&:]....but the other speakers work fine. this is where it confuses me even more.....when i start the car...a weird squealing noise....comes out of all the speakers...im stumped...i have rewired everything...check the RCA...even replaced them....checked the grounds...and im confused as hell!! Does anyone know what this could possibly be? and why it would make noise after i turned the car on....also the sub makes the pulsing noise on or just on acc......if anyone even has a guess what it would be...just try...cause right now im stumped and i have tried everything that i can think of....so im going to sleep on it looking forward to some responses.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:03 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Default RE: stereo HELP

double check your connections and make shur you dont have any wires crossed

Old 01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
6sic6
Rookie

Your getting ground "noise".

Always run power wires on the oposite side of the car than your speaker/rca wires

Look into getting a "ground loop isolater" for your rca's and posibly for the power supply of the head unit, I think wallmart even sells the one for your rca's

Old 01-17-2008, 02:59 PM
tranyinstaller
Professional

and while your at it get a capacitor

Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

i just got a capicator....but yeah i have checked everything...the grounds are fine....no wires are crossed....also....while will everything work when the car is on ACC. but as soon as the car is turned on the squeal/squeak comes back...

Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Sometimes spark plugs can give that off. But like 6sic6 said be sure to rune power wires on one side of the car and rcas down the other. Try turning the amp down? Check the freq on the amp? Are you running rcas from your deck? Try to get a "noise filter" for you rcas. That helped my engine noise when running a hi-low converter off my back speakers. Good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

ok i only have the remote and the power wire running down the driver side the speaker wire and rca's are all running down the other side..so its not that. and why would everything work fine until i put the sub back in. all i did was put it back in and hook it up and nothing but problems since. unhooked the sub and all still same thing. i really dont mind if it pulses or w/e my main problem is i cant listen to it while driving because the sqeak/squeal is extremely annoying. looks like i gotta call my uncle. reason being he had the loudest most bad *** sound system in town won every sound comp he went to. so lets see if he still has all his knowledge. this is getting really annoying because i cant listen to howard stern...i just wanna rip it all out. and sell it

Quick Reply: stereo HELP