1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
drelix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance chip

does anyone know how to install a performance chip( resistor) on a 1998 neon 2.0 SOHC?
on 96 and up the IAT and MAP sensors are combined so i am confused on how to install it.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: performance chip

Why are u use a resistor in you map/iat sensor? Oh yea the one like on ebay? They are junk. Many storys of them messing things up. Just get a cia or something that will make the air colder for you. All it does is make it think its cold outside so it runs leaner right? I dont know but i would not use one myself. Go get a mopar ecu or something that is actually worth it.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
drelix

yea,its from ebay. i already have a cold air intake on it,and i thought that the resistor might help out alittle bit more, but i really had and have my doubts about it. It was cheap so i thought i would give it a shot.They claim that it does no damage to the engine,and gain like 20 something more HP.And it seems that the person selling the "performance chip" does not even know that the IAT and MAP are a combined sensor in 96 and up.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

there is no such thing as cheap hp... PERIOD...hell it cost me 140 for 8-11 (mp pcm) ....375 for about 15-20 (amm intake mani.)

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I wouldent mess with it. Not worth it. Find other ways to mod your car.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

seriously throw it away you will be happy you did...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
drelix

going to try to return it.if they wont take it back it.it goes in the trash.whats a good site for all around neon parts??

Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
6sic6
Rookie

www.modernperformance.com <----Best one out there period!!

That resistor will make you run richer and neons run rich already stock, and 95to96transplantneon not tryen to be a ***** but you actually prob gained about 10hp from the mpp pcm and the amm intake.......

Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

just going on what others said on the org... but everyone that asks the question "how much do you think" gets about 30 answers ranging from 1- 1000 hp. so you know what I mean...

Old 01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Slashwannabe

Here's a Secret......A Map Clamp for turbo apspretty much does the same thing as these resistor hacks but better since u can adjust actual fuel/air mixture!!!!

If one were to do this hack what you'd want to do is leave your IAT sensor connected (obviously!) to the intake and just take the connector and use this diagram to guide.

Your going to want to put one end of the resistor into the commonground for both sensors as shown here:

The best way to keep the map sensor connectedis to go to the junk yard and cut one offa car while nobodys looking and thenonce home strip the two wires that lead to the map sensor andintegrate them into the otherconnector byway of some connectors from radio shack. (I don't know what they are called but I'm sure you'll find something that fits the bill at radio shack that connects to the old harness without modding anything)

Doing it this way allows you to leave your IAT/Map circut stock because you arent cutting your original harness or doing anything other than makeing your own bridge, but if you are somewhat creative just by using this diagram you can do alot to make this mod pain free.

This mod does work you just have to try it out for yourself so you know if its right for you, $5 you can have this done and working without any mods to your car that are not reversable within a few minutes.

I'm going to take flack for it but I don't care, try it for yourself.

This works on turbo vehicles to fool the map and IAT sesnors to not see boost while also giving you freedom to adjust air/fuel ratio by swapping out resistors or just getting a map clamp and putting it in place of the resistor for ease of adjustability.So here's your meal ticket. I am not responsible if you f u c k anything up cuz I'm not there to babysit but this will work.

Quick Reply: performance chip