1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Tach cluster in non tack Neon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:00 PM
scootinneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach cluster in non tack Neon?

Hello,
I am new to the forum so please be nice. I have a 95 Neon, Auto with just the speedometer. I am wondering if it is possible to put a gauge cluster in from one that has the tach? Are the wires going to be there or would I need to get a new wires too? Does the harness plug in? Seems to me it is more of a option with the cluster than internal wiring. But I am looking for advice.

Thanks,
Allen

Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
bone33
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tach cluster in non tack Neon?

get a tach cluster and put it in. the wires are there already.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: bone33

What are you taking about wires?

All you need to do is take the cluster and put it in your car it plugs in no wiring needed. I have a 95 cluster with tachin my 98 right now. I took my clusters apart and put my mileage counter in so I had correct mileage. Its very easy to take apart about a 10 minute job.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:55 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

What are you taking about wires?

All you need to do is take the cluster and put it in your car it plugs in no wiring needed. I have a 95 cluster with tachin my 98 right now. I took my clusters apart and put my mileage counter in so I had correct mileage. Its very easy to take apart about a 10 minute job.
what ever. take a valium. the guy has one post. he's never coming back, so im not writing a paragraph like you.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Slashwannabe

what ever. take a valium. the guy has one post. he's never coming back, so im not writing a paragraph like you.
Ok if you are being a dick to me you can just fuc k off and your lucky your not near me cuz I'd shoot you in the asswith your ownAR-15 *****. I asked you what you were talking about in a non descript mannerand of course you had to answer cocky. If you had it set in your mind he was never coming back then why did you waste your time and reply? You got me so pissed I want to take myneices ice skates and stab you with them.

You should drink a 12 pack of your favorite beer and mix a bottle of vicodin so the world will be minus one **** sucker.

If you didn't mean it in a bad way then ignore what I put but if you did mean it then it applys.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hostility wow. and what he meant was the wires are already in the dash for the tach. unless its a 95 cause not all 95's came with the tach wire at which you would have to wire it in.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Spawne32
Professional

LOL @ Internet tough guys, anyway, yes the tach cluster will swap into your neon, my brother did this a while back, bought a cluster with a tach and just popped it in. There was some odd things about it afterwards but im not sure if it was just a damaged cluster or not he got. The low gas warning light would always light up when it hit a quarter tank though. A few months ago that particular tach burned out, and i wound up going back to the original, and the fuel gauge is now accurate again.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Spawne32

LOL @ Internet tough guys,
Shut up and get me a Philly Cheese Steak from Geno's. You are from Philly arent you?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Spawne32
Professional

lol i live in jersey about 10 miles from philly, so i spend alot of my time in philly, i was born there also, last week i went downtown to matteos to get some fresh mozzarella, that hunger for fresh made italian cheese kicked in[8D]

Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Spawne32

lol i live in jersey about 10 miles from philly, so i spend alot of my time in philly, i was born there also, last week i went downtown to matteos to get some fresh mozzarella, that hunger for fresh made italian cheese kicked in[8D]
I was watching the food network and some place in Philly made a huge *** Cheese Steak, looked awesome!.

Quick Reply: Tach cluster in non tack Neon?