1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Who would want one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
heylick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who would want one?

yeah i think i would be interested. would they be compatible with all the first gens with sohc?

also would a lot of water be able to reach the filter because im from buffalo and its a mess up here.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

It should not be able to suck up water, although if you go through deep enough water it may. I honestly have not even gotten the first one to fit up yet, but currently I am working out a deal with the supplier. Once I get the first one (hopefully next week), I can make sure it is going to work, fit it up, and take pictures and start taking orders.

Guys, another thing I was thinking, as most of you know, the battery tray needs to be trimmed for the CAI to fit. Since my main goal is to offer an affordable CAI with little to no modifications required, I was thinking it would be a good idea to offer a pre trimmed battery tray with the CAI for $20 more, that includes a prepaid shipping label to ship your untrimmed one back to me. Yes, no?

Old 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

Guys, another thing I was thinking, as most of you know, the battery tray needs to be trimmed for the CAI to fit. Since my main goal is to offer an affordable CAI with little to no modifications required, I was thinking it would be a good idea to offer a pre trimmed battery tray with the CAI for $20 more, that includes a prepaid shipping label to ship your untrimmed one back to me. Yes, no?

yeah man ..gigidy i think this would be a good idea for some of the people that dont have tools

Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

another thing you could provide is a templet someone could lay over there battery tray so they would know exactly where to cut the battery tray...

thank god my battery is in the trunk lol
I hate cutting crap... can do it and do it well just hate it... well unless im using an oxyacedaline cutting torch but hell theres fire involved. lol plasma cutters are fun too...

Old 02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are gonna have to think very seriously about this.....there could be alot of time and money going into sumthing that might not go anywhere.....just be redy if it doesnt...

sumthing else that you can consider doing:
look for the intercooler piping kits on ebay.....there are some that let you pick what pieces you need...$100 kit can get you enough parts for 10 intakes.....(this is what i was gonna do when i was gonna make intakes).....

for a price you will have to consider a few things....
ebay intake: $30
hacksaw from walmart: $3
time to make 2 cuts: 5 minuites

this is the intake i was gonna make and sell..

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/4720D24B6E9E4C2396F709343E98238F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/16AA77F1062C40C0BAE08BD53251FBD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Well first off spud, it would cost about $50 bucks for the intake I am looking at now for someone to get, then I am not just going to do some regular hacksaw cuts, I plan on them looking as professional as possible. I plan on using my 10" cut off to cut them and make sure there are no burrs and what not. Btw, that is pretty nice looking!! So did i steal your idea?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
spudsterier
Legend

no you never stole my idea.....i considered it about a year and a half ago but changed my mind....im just wanting to make sure that you wont be wasting any money

Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Thanks, lol The way I see it, I am getting the first one, if I can fit it up right, awesome. If not, I will have to find another way or just flush my idea down the toilet. If that is the case, I can always just take the kit and sell it for the same price I bought it for on ebay, there is some sucker out there that does not know the diffence between a WAI and a CAI

Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

spud did you have to cut through that wall...i guess you would call it on your cai. towards the bottom near the filter

Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i had to chop a small hole in the radiator support