1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Who would want one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who would want one?

In my other post, I showed what I am planning on doing for a CAI. Well I talked to my father last night and he said he will send me the money to get the first one, test fit it on my neon, take pictures, and get orders for them. From there, he said if I need money for 5 of them, he will send money for 5. If I need money for 1000, he will send money for 1000. After I get the first one, test fit it and show pictures of it in the car, who would be interested in a true CAI similar to the ghetto intake but it will look likes its off the shelf? What would you consider a reasonable price to pay? I would like to get some people interested before I start so I can make sure I have a market, lol. Anyone?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who would want one?

i would buy one, but i made one that looks almost the same out of my spare intercooler piping

Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

lol, what would you consider a reasonable price? I just figured I have to have a market for them since the only true CAI is the iceman intake, with the mopar performance intake identical to it for like what, $220??? Thats insane. Then people suggest the 3.0 intake, but then people say they dont want that because it looks bad. If I had them packaged, ready to drop in with everything needed for installation with instructions, I think I could get quite a few orders.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Man, those guys over at the org are real dicks, the admin says theres tons of different CAI's for the 1st gen neon, I say no, I get attacked for arguing with "a long time member of the board", so am I missing something? Is there anything out there besides the 3.0, iceman, or mopar performance?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 PM
fsu182
Captain

the problem here is most of the people on this forum have enough mechanical ability to just ge the part off ebay and do it themselves. it is a good idea though. at the same time - the only cai i have seen that is still available is the kirk modelfrom Modern performance, and its like $125.

if you could make a professional looking intake, id say youd have to undercut the kirk model - cuz it is professionally made - so if you get the word out enough and ask like $70-$90 would be the way to sell them.

good luck though, im looking forward to seeing a pic of what you end up with.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Yeah, I was thinking in the $60-80 dollar range, I want something comparable in price to the 3.0 ghetto intake, but something that looks better.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

with filter or without?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah but anyone can buy one of ebay and do the same thing... so why would they pay you 60-80 for something they can do??

Old 02-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

With filter, the only thing you would have to do is trim the battery tray, which I will give complete instructions on how to do so. Boxer, the reason is because its going to cost someone $40 to buy it themselves off ebay (If I buy lots of them I should be able to get them cheaper), then they have to have the tools to cut it, they have to measure everything, fit it, etc. With what I want to do, it will be a complete kit like you bought it off the shelf. Again the only mod you will have to do is trim the battery tray which I will make instructions that will be included on how to do so.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

true true....