1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

turbos turbos turbos!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 AM
98_neon_rt_racer_200
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to turbo a 98 R/T

i have a turbo out of a 98 talon sitting around can i bolt it to my neon and do you know were i mite beable to find a manifold for the turbo mount ?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Slashwannabe
Default RE: want to turbo a 98 R/T

You might be able to use your Talon Manifold on the Neon DOHC.

Thanks for looking 95-96transplant, But I'm lookin to spend $15-$25 for a turbo feed line, I don't really care what the line is off of turbo wise because I can use adaptorsor even tap the turbo feed hole if needed as long as i can get a feed line that can withstand the heat I'm all cool with it.

I was thinking about using brake line and fuel line hose and wrapping the fuel line hose with heat shield wrap and calling it good as a last resort, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:02 AM
rayraydoet
Professional

got tons of hard line turbo oil feed lines pm me ill sell them cheap

Old 02-25-2008, 02:02 AM
rayraydoet
Professional

how bout 2 of the t25 turbos on the neon what do you think that will do ?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

I really dont see why you wouldent be able to use the 2nd gen dsm manifold, if anything it would be the bolt holes lineing up... you can get any manifold that will take the 16g or 14b im not sure witch dsm turbo you have... but you need a hahn style... I know for sure that the hahn manifold will work...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Slashwannabe

They make adaptors that fit pretty much any turbo flange. The Chrysler/Mitsubishi Flange is the most common flange I've seen for 4-6 cylinder turbos.

Alot of people I know who run fast spooling turbo's hate them on on 5 speeds, and love the gradual GarrettT03,T3,T4 boost better for Manual trans. I'm running a fast spooling Mitsubishi TE04Turbo on my AutomaticNeon and It suits the Automatic very well cuz the Auto has tall gears and it gives it alot of off the line power it never had before.

Ibought a sohc turbo manifold last week for $50 from a guyso I could get more response on the top end, it looks alot like the Hahn Manifold as it is mid mounted turbo style, The Guy I bought that manifold fromsaid with5 speeds you won't be able to control your car worth a fk because the low end power will put you in the ditch with a smaller turbo like the TE04. Partially fromhis adviceis why I chose to rebuild my Garrett T03 for my DOHC 5 speedNeon because it spools a little slower than the Mitsubishi TE04.

I might be selling my homemade turbo manifold soon for the SOHC, it worked great for a starter manifold but it seemed to fade after 5200 Rpm. It does spool a turbo quite fast even for a TE04 that spooled extremly fast anyway. Since I got the 5 speed NeonI have some time to take my sohc turbo set apart andswitch manifolds. Will post some pics soon of my new manifold

Quick Reply: turbos turbos turbos!!