1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

High compression over turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: High compression over turbo?

ORIGINAL: HarleyRider68
The problem is, it will destroy any rubberengine gaskets over time that come in contact with the fuel. Old diaphram fuel pumpsusually only lasted a few months.

Pure Acetone or extremly high amounts maybe you'll have a problem over time, but I clean parts with acetone all the time and rubber gaskets that I plan on reusing and they seal just fine. Most people who do the Acetone in the gas feel the need to throw the whole 16 ounce container in whichcould treat 5 tanks of gas.What alot of you guys don't know is that alot of Octane boosters and injector cleanersare basically watered down acetone. Acetone itself has a rating of 150 octane.

I'm not here to say Acetone is going to give you better mileage I'm here to say that it works and is safe when used in moderation. Acetone is actually simular to nitrous in the fact that they both slow combustion down so that fuel can morecompletly burn and in the fact they cool the combustion temp down. Did I mention Acetone will clean your injectors and fuel system better than the watered down injector cleaner.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

for the sake of arguement...

Do you have a formula that I can say plug in.. ok i have 10 gallons of 87oct fuel in my gas tank, mygoal is to have 105oct, there for I add X amount of Acetone???

Old 03-01-2008, 04:59 PM
HarleyRider68
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure on Acetone. My experience is with naptha and benzene. Acetone will certianly flash off faster when cleaning gaskets or seals. I suppose neoprene based gaskets will hold up better then the old EPDM rubber also.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
unclemike
Veteran

I think that fuel atomization thing is with carburated cars with a draw through turbo or supercharger. If you have a car with low compression turbo pistons installed and yank it it will get worse mileage. Same if it has a cam gound for a turbo.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:59 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

Acetone is actually simular to nitrous
no its not, two competly diffrent things

good luck runnig nail polish remover is you gas

Old 03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: unclemike

I think that fuel atomization thing is with carburated cars with a draw through turbo or supercharger. If you have a car with low compression turbo pistons installed and yank it it will get worse mileage. Same if it has a cam gound for a turbo.
It don't matter weather its carburator or injection its going to atomise more with a turbo, what do you think the turbo does anyway?

Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

Acetone is actually simular to nitrous
no its not, two competly diffrent things

good luck runnig nail polish remover is you gas
I can tell your a fkn Democrat cuz the information is right in front of you and you find a way to deny and ignore it.

If it can clean nail polish off nails imagine how it cleans your injectors and carbon off your combustion chamber. Its no more harmfull to seals than Ethonal. Why don't you get some real proof of why it don't work before you open your big incorrect trap. Fkn tard.

Go read up if you don't believe me, you take the 1 negative comment somebody as ignorant as you made up and take it as the Gosipel when theres 1 negative comment against 99 positive comments about acetone.

Just go fk yourself 12 volt you fkn school girl piece of ****.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

thistakes the cake as funnest **** of the week. why dont you try looking as some real data istead of doing you back yard chemistry.

If all you as to do is add a bunch of crap to your gas to raise octane gas wouldnt be 3.50 a gallon.

oh yeah turbo make boost not atomize fuel. only way it could do that is if you sprayed fuel into the compressor

Old 03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
unclemike
Veteran

A turbo or supercharger packs more air into the cylinder than atmospheric pressure or a tuning pulse can. Since the injectors are down stream of the turbo/supercharger fuel atomization isn't dependent on the whilrling compressor blades as with a draw through system.

... and what does political affiliation have to do with anything?
If brains had anything to do with party choice it dosen't speak well for Republican considering who is in the White House and how well they have been running the country these last seven years.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

thistakes the cake as funnest **** of the week. why dont you try looking as some real data istead of doing you back yard chemistry.

If all you as to do is add a bunch of crap to your gas to raise octane gas wouldnt be 3.50 a gallon.

oh yeah turbo make boost not atomize fuel. only way it could do that is if you sprayed fuel into the compressor
Post your real data Mr Know it all. Your just as retarded as that fkr Uncle Mike who doesn't even grasp the whole idea of Turbo charging. I forgot more about Turbo Charging than Uncle Mike ever knew.

So your telling me Uncle Mike that gas isn't going to atomise any more than normal under boost? Get me some proof asap!get out of Hillary's **** and stop suckin off Obama andgo research **** instead of shooting it down.

What have the Republicans done wrong? I'll tell you what they did right and thats opose abortion,Bomb Iraq and Afganistan,Give me a handsome 600$ tax break, and so farprevented another 9-11.

The only thing they did wrong was not nuking Iraq and every country that oposes the US, and they failed to abolish the Liberal Left. I knew I hit the nail on the head, cuz people as ignorant as you gota be Left wing nut jobs.

Because of those fkn liberals we may all soon have to go for emissions testing over that myth Global Warming.

Quick Reply: High compression over turbo?