1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Anybody have a Car Fax account?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody have a Car Fax account?

if you try spinning the odometer your self will it break?? beczu with the new engine i want the odometer to be correct..but i dont want to spin it myself and break it

Old 03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

if you try spinning the odometer your self will it break?? beczu with the new engine i want the odometer to be correct..but i dont want to spin it myself and break it
Spinning the odometer is a noob way, take the cluster apart and adjust the numbers the way you need them its easy.Make sure you make note of this when you do it because I believe when a black light is used they have invisable ink to prove weather its been changed or not.(So I've been told) So if you want to sell it be aware that people may try to use a blacklight and you want to be honest and make note of why the odometer doesn't match the title if there is a huge difference

Old 03-08-2008, 08:56 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah of course i would be honest and i reallly dont plan on selling my car ever even when its even a bigger POS ill just drop it off at some Jy.. i dont think it will be worth my time of even trying to sell it..
well i could find some idiot(like myself) to buy it for $2000

Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The milage is there for the chassis of the car, not the engine.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: das2123

Yes and no, its there to Gage everything on the car. People commonly use mileage as a reference to engine health but it doesn't stop there theres transmission,ball joints,axles,suspension bushingsect....

And 80% of the time the Chassis outlasts the motor except for in the case of Chrysler corp carsor the notorious2.2 equipped K-cars, half the time you took a running 2.2 Motoron a pallet of rust to the junkyard and when they ask you for a title you just laugh.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

sorry but that doesnt make much since if it was for the chassi then why would it be hooked to the engine???

i know that yes it does tell the milage of the chassii but if someone buys a car they dont give a FCK how many miles are on the chasii unless its an old muscle car they just want a car that will get them from A-B Quickly Or for a long time.. every time ive boughten a car or someone has bought a car the first question i hear is how many miles are on it..

Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
lateralus823
Veteran

sorry but that doesnt make much since if it was for the chassi then why would it be hooked to the engine???

i know that yes it does tell the milage of the chassii but if someone buys a car they dont give a FCK how many miles are on the chasii unless its an old muscle car they just want a car that will get them from A-B Quickly Or for a long time.. every time ive boughten a car or someone has bought a car the first question i hear is how many miles are on it..
No dude it isnt hooked to the motor, theres like a cable or some **** by the tire and when the tire spins it records mileage, and if it was connected to the motor you would see your miles go up even at idle, think about it.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: lateralus823

No dude it isnt hooked to the motor, theres like a cable or some **** by the tire and when the tire spins it records mileage, and if it was connected to the motor you would see your miles go up even at idle, think about it.

OMG a Cable by the tire that records mileage? maybe on a Bicycle! All cars Speed sensors or cables are conected via transmission NOT THE WHEEL, come on thats cars 101.

Oh and Odometersmost comonly areused to record engine wear not chassis wear, tell me one thing about chassis wear that you can't feel or see when it goes bad? nobody gives a fk its all about motor and transmission health but not limited to those.

If That were true people wouldn't tell you to change your timing belt and water pumpat 100,000 miles.... Das Included. The motor doesn't go through any harmfullstress at idle thats why its not recorded.

Miles are a basic average that tell how much use the whole car has including Engine, askanybody what they care about the most with a high mileage car there first answer isn't going to be chassis. Engine and transmission is the most expensive thing you would pay a shop for besides body work and apaint job and you don't need a odometer to see the condition of paint and body work. Mileage tells how much the engine and transhas been through.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:40 AM
lateralus823
Veteran

Slash you act like you know everything.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: lateralus823

Slash you act like you know everything.
That would be Das, of course Das knows alot anyway

I would have been banned if half the **** I said was false.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a Car Fax account?