1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What is the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
BD_KRS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference?

OK, code 43 again.......but I got it narrowed down I think. What is the difference between: P0351 Ignition Coil No. 1 Primary Circuit - and -P0352 Ignition Coil No. 2 Primary Circuit???? These are the ODBII codes under key code 43. The reason I ask is that I checked my spark on mycylinders. I am getting very weak spark from number 1 cyl. and number 4 cyl. Could this be related in any way??? I have replace wires/plugs/coil..........

Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: What is the difference?

The PCM sends out two different signals to the coil pack, and if I remember correctly, one circuit is for 1 and 4, the other is for 2 and 3. This could possibly mean your PCM is faulty, and it needs to be replaced.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:40 PM
BD_KRS

I've tried both my PCM'S. I have the stock/factory as well as the Mopar race/non-fed emission one as well. I get the same problem with both PCM'S. As well as the same code. Could I have a possible problem in my wiring harness? Could a bad ground somewhere in the engine compartment cause this problem? Can I check voltage to the plug that connects to the coil pack?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

it it was a bad ground it would cause all four to be weak... its in your harness... ill get on yahoo really fast...

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 PM
HarleyRider68
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd look at the wiring. The PCM grounds the 1&4 together to cause the spark, and the 2&3 together. If the spark is weak on the 1&4, the ground to that coil is bad. The positiveis used by both coils.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Landers

I'm going to get in on this post because I have a related problem. I was getting code 11 and 43 on my own from the car (OBD-II)when having my problems. After taking it to autozone and getting them to hook the(DRB-II) up to it he told me pretty much the same thing as is being said here. Code 43 I think being a result of whatever is going on with the coil pack signal.

I have replaced the coil pack and I'm still pulling up the same OBD-II codes as before and the car is having the same problems. I was also thinking it may be the PCM.

So then I need to check the wiring? When you say its in the harness, the one to the pcm or the wiring harness to the coil pack? Where then is the ground for the coil pack and can it be checked?

Quick Reply: What is the difference?