1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Blew the Down pipe off tryin to make a video for 1Gen Forum guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew the Down pipe off tryin to make a video for 1Gen Forum guys.

Yeah as the title says I blew the fkr off...lol I guess I was tired when I put it all together, I didn't have clamps on it....ooops. I imediatly shut it down once I heard the pop on the ground of the pipe. I'm only running 5psi right now due to my "limp home mode fix" for the map clamp or lack of map clamp. When I get the missing link next tuesday or wednesday I'll post a video of that. I'm lucky I decided to make the video 1/4mile from my house, would have sucked tryin to make a fix for that if I was further away. I guess I'm gonna have to break out the jack and put the clmaps on that are sitting on my floor in the back and put em on later today.

Here's the video from my cell phone cam as it happened: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fh7tq7 doesn't sound like much in the video but she blew off instantly once I engaged the kick down, which is the first time I decided to do that since putting the turbo on this last Wednesday. Would have been a great video too had I not had to let off [&:]

Here's a pic of the Carnage

Old 03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
naturallyaspirated
Default RE: Blew the Down pipe off tryin to make a video for 1Gen Forum guys.

proud of you man, not only did you turbo an automatic, you broke something in the process lol. just repost when you get her all fixed up, i wanna see this.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:26 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

wow. you really have that ghetto rigged down there. you might want to put that on jerryrig.com lol jk good luck

Old 03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

wow. you really have that ghetto rigged down there. you might want to put that on jerryrig.com lol jk good luck
Yeah that was just so I could leave my brothers Garage cuz it was sticking half in the garage when I put the Turbo on so I couldn't leave his Garage door open through the night at his Apartment Complex with all his tools inside, so $10 worth of flex pipe saved me alot of headache.

I'm getting it professionally done on Wednesday so I don't have to worry about leaks. I was originally just going to use flex pipe between the cat and turbo flange but things came up where I couldn't get my Reciprocating Saw in there to make a good cut so I had to cut the pipe off at the other end of the cat cuz the clamp was rusted so much that I couldn't get the nuts off so I just cut it off there and removed my catalitic converterwhile I was at it.

That downpipe is the result of me being tired and listening to Megadeth for 10 hours straight while working ona car (was the only cd my brother had in his boombox..lol) If I was concious during the last hour I was working on the car I would have remembered to put the clamps on the exhaust and I wouldn't be where I am now.

I was in the zone when things went well and then just went on auto pilot when I hit a obstacle and had the mentality get the job done no matter what!.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u know, that actually looks like the exhaust on my green Neon from the manifold to the end of the Cat. lol. flex pipe and clamps. not the best, but it works.

Quick Reply: Blew the Down pipe off tryin to make a video for 1Gen Forum guys.