chikara vs pacesetter

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 07:38 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chikara vs pacesetter

ORIGINAL: casper

I have the Kirk racing header, but it eliminates the cat and has to be welded to the cat-back system.
How is the Kirk header??? Does it change the ground clearence or does it fit like the stock exhaust manifold??? Do you have a pic, I or a website that I can see a pic. That Kirk sounds like a good one, I was going with the Chikara header with HTC coating, but stil in the market

Old 07-05-2005, 07:40 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dvgRT

Either one of them are equally made CRAPPY! But if ceramic coated they will both last a good amount of time.
How are they both crappy. I can see the pacesetter but you can get the Chikara with the ceramic coating. Don't forget he's asking for the 98 neon, Borla only sells it for the 2g neon .

Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

The Chikara isn't much more than a glorified stock manifold. The few ponies you get out of it are from smoother flow over the cast iron stock piece. I've seen dynos of a mildly ported and polished stock manifold that had the same gains (4 HP or so) as the Chikara.

PaceSetter has a terrible reputation with Neons for build quality. People say the newer ones are better, but I haven't seen one up close. The old ones would come apart at the flange welds, and they rusted through easily (although not as fast as the cat-back...). Mine has had the old welds ground down and rewelded properly. For rust protection, all I do is spray WD-40 on there every now and then and it's holding up fine. But you can always have it sent out for coating. For what it's worth, one of the only n/a SOHC's in the 13's runs a PS header (13.6's with full interior, IIRC). The length is tuned for something like 13,000 rpm, same as the Mopar headers were.

Howell also sells the TTI headers now. Don't know if they're available for the 2nd gens yet. They have short (roughly PS length), medium (not quite Kirk length) and long-tube versions, try-y collector, coatings available inside and out. With Blackdog long gone and Fast Fabs now defunct, these are definitely worth considering over the Kirk and AFX headers which only have dump collectors. Still, I think all of the long-tubes available now only have 1-1/2" or 1-3/8" primaries, and I would want 1-3/4" (and a merge collector...).

Best of luck!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:20 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: chud298

I have the Kirk racing header, but it eliminates the cat and has to be welded to the cat-back system.
How is the Kirk header??? Does it change the ground clearence or does it fit like the stock exhaust manifold??? Do you have a pic, I or a website that I can see a pic. That Kirk sounds like a good one, I was going with the Chikara header with HTC coating, but stil in the market
I like it, it gave a nice sound to my exhuast, and a little top end power. The ground clearance is the same. It is real easy to put on, the hardest part was getting the header bolts out. You do not have to weld it, I did but you can just use a clamp.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: chud298

I like it, it gave a nice sound to my exhuast, and a little top end power. The ground clearance is the same. It is real easy to put on, the hardest part was getting the header bolts out. You do not have to weld it, I did but you can just use a clamp.
Cool, I thought you HAD to weld it. I got to look into that one.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
casper
Legend

I have the Kirk racing header and pacesetter cat-back and they mate up perfectly for a clamp.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:19 PM
95neonracer
Rookie

Does the Kirk Header have a place to insert the upstream O2 sensor or do you have to make one yourself, also if you can run the kirk header with out the Cat as stated somewhere up there that WILL throw a sensor right???

Quick Reply: chikara vs pacesetter