1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

head tick

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:03 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, lash adjuster is the same thing as a lifter. i would never expect the rocker arms since they have minimal moving parts, if anything along that i woulh say rocker shaftes or loose roller.

did you remove any sensors when you changed the arms?
how do you know you have spark and fuel?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 AM
schrack

I knew i had spark by pulling wires of when cranking & plugs were getting wet. The problem was the battery is going bad. The rocker arms definately helped, not as loud of ticking as before. There is still some ticking at low speed driving, & idle, seems like after the car shifts into into high gear the noise dissapears. It is definately on the top end of the motor, just cant figure it out. Have replaced 16 new lash adjusters, & 16 new rockers. I dont think it could be the cam or valves, like the mechanic at the mopar garage said it would not run right if it was either of those. Any ideas?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:02 PM
chenzo
Veteran

my tick is definately not normal valve tick. its louder than ive ever heard before. ever. im having my buddy come out and look at it today, so ill keep you posted on what it was.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
rancidzero13

i had the same problem...just a small tick at first...then a loud knock...havent checked the rods...but pulled the cam covers off and found one rocker arm completely off the lifter...and the cam wasnt worn at all...neither was the rocker arm...just thought this might help

Quick Reply: head tick