1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 dies after warm

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Momo123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Dodge avenger stall problem resolve.

Ok. First of all I'm not a good English speaking, So Excuse my GRAMM.
I went threw all these problems with my 95 avenger 2.0 ,5Sp.
Guess what i figure?
First if you have that problem and you don't take care of it as soon as possible it will burn your PCM.
Now, Clean your throttle, Next change ASD Relay and Fuel Pump Relay, the Dist, Crankshaft sensor, Sparks, Wires.
Still stalling.
Take the battery negative out, then take the Fuel pump relay out, you will see a 4 connectors, Get a volt/met and test the connection between (black/blue and white/red) witch one is the pcm output and the other is the fuel pump input. it should be no connection, now take the black/blue and see if it is shortcut to the ground, if yes, you got it. All these has to be done right after the car shut down, so have all tool ready.
Now you notice that the output to the pump is shorted, (Check that wire where it goes until you find the problem (Wire Damage of Faulty Solenoid Pump)
I went threw the wiring system, what a mess, the guy who designed have a problem with wasting wires, a lot of back and forth and not need connection could be voided, He bring 7 Wires from the pcm the the relays, because of one fuel pump wire, instead of putting the relay next to the pcm and just bring the pump wire to it???????
Any way, Hope we done with this staling problem.
It may be different cause that i did not see it, but if you got it i will get it too.

Quick Reply: 95 dies after warm