1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Oh Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 AM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Wow!

Ok, so I got the new 95motor in my wifes 98 Neon its got a chikara header and cold air intake and thats it and its power suprised me quite a bit wasn't expecting it.

The THING HAULS ***. I don't know what got into the motor but I can light the tires up at 25 mph with an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION! WTF? This is a completely stock motor and the thing is just insane, if all sohc atx's were like this I'd slap anyone who said they were slow!. My wifes old sohc had power but damn this "new" 1995 motor is just SICK, no comparing the 98 sohc and the 95 sohc. I would swear theres more than a 5hp gain from that 95 cam, this thing will plant you!.

after a week of working on and off on the thing wondering if I was wasting my time or not I finally feel like my work was worth it thanks to everyone who said the 95 swap was possible and thanks for your help in telling me what sensors to use!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Oh Wow!

Nice. Yea I am down to the option of pulled my 95 engine out of the car I have for sale just to drop in my neon. Still cant find no engine in town. Glad to hear it all worked out. Any problems along the way?

Old 05-25-2008, 02:08 PM
JackMehoffer69
Default RE: Oh Wow!

ORIGINAL: I_Ride_Neon

Nice. Yea I am down to the option of pulled my 95 engine out of the car I have for sale just to drop in my neon. Still cant find no engine in town. Glad to hear it all worked out. Any problems along the way?
Ya there was, the motor was running like ****had no power and chugged like a tractorand I couldn't figure out why, I got a Coffee this morning and I was dead tired and came home and popped the hood and looked and found hidden behind the wiring harness cylinder 4's injector connector wasn't plugged in... plugged it in and omg I nearly **** myself full of joy and I took a joy ride of about an hour because I was no longer tired after feeling my car have insane off the line power like never before!.

The 95 engine is great, the swap includes swapping the 96-99 sensors over to 95, swap cam sensor,crank sensor,knock sensor and if you don't use your 96-99 intake block the iat sensor off and swap the dual sensor unit in. The temp sensor on the head is actually interchangable.

Real easy swap, put a MLS headgasket and new timing belt on and have fun these 95 motors don't fk around. I'm giving the wife a Cavalier and I'm takin this Neon for mywork car.